Riot is a joke that doesn't admit mistakes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pootaco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2011

Trying to look at the situation from any angle shows Riot's immense stupidity. Westrice's disconnect at Dreamhack is absolutely unforgivable. Pause buttons are extremely hard to implement eh? I guess I can't complain about that as much, since it didn't exist at the time. (though you'd think in the times since the screw up that one would be made) Why were the teams not forced to restart the match?

I understand that previous threads have been made about this but no one seems to really be making a big deal of it. This case was even worsened when Phreak bs'ed on stream for a few minutes and refused to cover the disconnect. Riot doesn't even make any attempt to offer an apology to Westrice or the LoL community. Good business, Riot.

DuffTime

06-28-2011

They had a 5 minute rule in place, where if within 5 minutes the DC occurred, they would restart...

I'm not satisfied with that solution personally.

Tinytankz

06-28-2011

While phreak not mentioning it was horse**** of epic proportions, the rules have been in place for quite sometime. There is a contingency rule that allows a ref to stop a match as he deems absolutely necessary but, as far as the story we have heard goes he was told that the machine would be up in a few minutes and deemed that in this level of play a pause(in this case of which i believe states that every champ stands where they are and if minions kill you or something minions kill you etc etc) which would have made more people rage and freak about westrice being given so much special treatment. it was a lose lose but, my qualm is still phreak....im not fond of him.

spenserthebamf

06-28-2011

if you restart the game because of a dc, then whats to stop someone saying "oh noes my team is losing ill just dc and we'll get a second chance" a pause button is an extremly iffy solution, because it kinda breaks the flow of the game and could happen at a crucial moment. the answer here isnt in treatment of the problem but rather prevention, now i dont know exactly what caused the dc, but if it was riots fault they have some splainin to do and they need to fix their ****, however if it was an error with westrices machine or in any other way his fault, then i have no problem with riots handling of the situation

sefy98

06-28-2011

I don't get why you're complaining. It probably wasn't even riots fault. How often do you randomly disconnect from a match? I never dc unless my internet is acting up. Update your windows, update your drivers, and stop all the qq about riot.

Icias

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenserthebamf View Post
if you restart the game because of a dc, then whats to stop someone saying "oh noes my team is losing ill just dc and we'll get a second chance" a pause button is an extremly iffy solution, because it kinda breaks the flow of the game and could happen at a crucial moment. the answer here isnt in treatment of the problem but rather prevention, now i dont know exactly what caused the dc, but if it was riots fault they have some splainin to do and they need to fix their ****, however if it was an error with westrices machine or in any other way his fault, then i have no problem with riots handling of the situation
NOT. AT. ALL. HON has this function and it works amazingly... what player will take the time to navigate through the menus in the middle of a team fight. Give each team 3 pauses per game the pauses can be a minute long before the other team can unpause. I'm not sure how you think your arguement is at all valid. who cares about a quick break in the game? if you can sit and watch a 50 minute game then whats another two minutes, maybe three of watching?

BlindPhaydo

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefy98 View Post
I don't get why you're complaining. It probably wasn't even riots fault. How often do you randomly disconnect from a match? I never dc unless my internet is acting up. Update your windows, update your drivers, and stop all the qq about riot.
The difference is Westrice was on stage at Dreamhack.

devin504

06-29-2011

If your gonna penalize someone for having a system that will dc in the season championship, provide computers for the compettition. Being 4v5 because of a system failure in the SEASON CHAMPIONSHIPS is completely devastating and imo should never happen. A football team that loses 1/5 of its players wont win the superbowl. I agree with the post about the HoN pause timer, its one of the few things hon did good, and its relatively new.

P.S. you could have even provided machines, got the players that used them (championship teams maybe?) to sign them and give them away, or auction them to charity or something..i enjoyed watching the championships because i like **** like that, but it was a little shaky, and the quake community isnt too happy either : /

Cten

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootaco View Post
Trying to look at the situation from any angle shows Riot's immense stupidity. Westrice's disconnect at Dreamhack is absolutely unforgivable. Pause buttons are extremely hard to implement eh? I guess I can't complain about that as much, since it didn't exist at the time. (though you'd think in the times since the screw up that one would be made) Why were the teams not forced to restart the match?

I understand that previous threads have been made about this but no one seems to really be making a big deal of it. This case was even worsened when Phreak bs'ed on stream for a few minutes and refused to cover the disconnect. Riot doesn't even make any attempt to offer an apology to Westrice or the LoL community. Good business, Riot.
you should try playing hon since its free now. your stats are recorded and can be viewed in the game lobby/ character selection screen meaning you can tell who is bad because all their stats are recorded and you can just kick them before the game starts and wait for a better player.

iblow4ipod

09-01-2011

Problem is HON requires a pretty good graphics card to run. I just bought a new computer and being a college student I can't exactly splurge yet. I know most kids my age are in the same situation. LoL is also free but you don't need higher end grahpics to run it.