Full Janna Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

Actually, I have tried pretty much every build imaginable with Janna. Trust me, Arch Angel's is completely not worth it for it's extreme cost, and the extra mana is almost never needed.

One thing I also left out is that by getting Nashor's as the first core item of your build, you lose a lot of farming potential with Janna. Howling Gale is not strong enough to one hit creep waves, and if you're maxing Howling Gale early on, you've just taken the period of time where Janna shines the most and turned her into a laner.

hwke

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonk View Post
Ok I can answer all these questions pretty easily.

1. Howling Gale is one of the best harassment/farming spells in the game, at level 1 its fantastic I usually prefer it over. I made a booboo with Eye of the Storm leveling chart your supposed to get it at level 2 not 3 (fixed that).
howling gale only harasses people if they are bad. Janna is one of the best early game champions in the game so you don't need to rely on an expensive and predictable spell in order to harass. Keep playing and trying different things and you can harass better with a beef zepher and shield.

Quote:
2. Is really total waste of Janna's powerful spells. The reason I chose those items (Which work incredibly well and even better in the last few hours) is because they improve her spells and her attacks and also give quite a bit of mana regen which is really needed as Janna. The item build works incredibly well and I suggest trying it.
I've built Janna similar to what you suggested more times than the total number times you have played Janna. It's obvious you have played like 20 games total with Janna because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It's okay though because I love all Janna players and you'll get the hang of it.

The tornado is for utility; therefor, these items still utilize "janna's powerful spells." You should max zepher first followed by eye of the storm, so zepher does a good amount of damage before you get to lvl 18. At the later levels, zepher should only be used for the snare effect and a small dmg nuke. You most definitely take advantage of her spells with my suggested build and especially eye of the storm. Tornado + snare + shield + infinity edge = lots of free hits and lots of dmg.

Quote:
3. As far as runes go I think crit chance+ gives you the most bang for your buck as Janna though Magic Pen is also useful. I need to experiment with quints on Janna a bit more but I added mana regen to blues since your entirely correct on that.
you're right crit % isn't bad.

Quote:
4. Eye of the Stormed is maxed last but its leveled throughout the build. I think high damage from Howling Gale helps you level faster and farm faster, hence Eye of the Storm is last. Zephyr should always be maxed first as far as I'm concerned and thats described in the guide.
Howling gale is a crutch for people who don't quite "get it" with Janna. You can stand there, wind a tornado up, and clear a creep wave fast. You are gimping yourself vs champions and gimping your ability to help teammates. Howling gale should be kept at lvl 1 while lvling and be used for the knock up effect.

Look man I'm not trying to bash you because I enjoy seeing people giving Janna a try. My screenshot doesn't show my two smurf accts with almost strictly janna played on them.

CarlSagansCosmos

04-08-2010

Quote:
As far as Ghost goes it makes Janna a god, she can escape from anything but you can't escape from her.
It makes her good, but all of her abilities already allow her to escape from anything, and 2 of her abilities keep anyone from really escapeing you.

To escape, tornado and a monsoon will get you away from 90% of any encounter. The low CD of Tornado allows so that anyone who's chasing you will never catch up to you and the instant cast of Eye means that even if they do, it means they won't be doing much damage at all. As long as her zeph is active she can pass with impunity through minions, and a great escape tactic.

To catch an enemy, throwing a zeph + tornado will allow you to catch up to just about anyone. I usually will get a frozen mallet if I'm facing a plethora of fast opponents (which increases health and damage, both good for janna) so running enemies are rarely a problem (though I prefer maldreds if the enemy is stacking health, and whisper if they are stacking armor)

Really, it's repetitive to have this summoners spell on her when just about anything else will further increase her diversity.

I usually support/tank or DPS janna. I never go AP, her damage isn't there.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

I think this is a difference in playstyle Chai, I think Janna really shines as a hit and runner which is good at all stages of the game and shes a fantastic assist. Nashors Tooth mana regen/cooldown reduction 25%/extra AP/ and attack speed is perfect for Janna. Its supplements everything. I feel Janna's main power is in that she can utilize all her abilities at the same time, She can hit the enemy with Zephyr, have Eye of the Storm active on herself, Howling Gale will come hit the enemy, all while she is just smacking away at them. This build is ment to compliment that.

Dragonk

04-08-2010

Quote:
howling gale only harasses people if they are bad. Janna is one of the best early game champions in the game so you don't need to rely on an expensive and predictable spell in order to harass. Keep playing and trying different things and you can harass better with a beef zepher and shield.
I sense someone didn't read the guide....
(Looking up my wins with Janna is totally immaterial to my guide, you have no idea how many times I have actually played with her not how i got my information)

hwke

04-08-2010

Quote:
I sense someone didn't read the guide....
You're right. I stopped reading after you said "Once Zephyr starts to really pack a some punch around level 5-7 you can begin openly attacking enemies." You're basically saying "wait until the laning phase is over before you attack somebody openly which is completely BACKWARDS.

Janna is one of the best early game champions in the game. You should "openly attack enemies" at level 1 because you are better than everybody else on the map. I don't know why I'm even trying to talk sense to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonk
(Looking up my wins with Janna is totally immaterial to my guide, you have no idea how many times I have actually played with her not how i got my information)
look dude, you have no idea how to play Janna. It has nothing to do with your profile page. This stuff I am saying isn't just my opinion. It's the community opinion. We have all been where you are coming from. Then we learned and moved on. You are wrong about everything you say almost.

Dragonk

04-08-2010

Theres about 5 paragraphs before that, I'm guessing you just to the pretty item pictures(most people do) then scrolled up alittle to the overview. Zephyr does in fact do nice damage at rank 4. I also changed the wording to that since it was slightly misleading.

The fact is the guide is written for players who are new to Janna, if you have played 100 games with her and are expert then you really shouldn't need to use a guide. I think the problem is that as we get so set in our ways while playing (myself included). I would encourage anyone to at least try it out and if you already tried it (so many ages ago) try it again. I'm even willing to demonstrate the validity of the guide myself if you want.

Vienna

04-08-2010

I figured I might as well elaborate on Janna.

Max Eye of the Storm first, no questions asked. Imagine how hard it is to actually damage a good (Ruby Crystal) Malphite. Janna gives this to any hero, in addition to a damage boost, on a shorter cooldown. Giving it to herself makes 2-3 white hits do equal, if not more damage as Howling; they aren't terribly hard to land either, considering her long attack range. Giving it to a lanemate almost ensures that they can safely farm in a lane (It's comparable to Shen's ultimate).

A point of Gale serves it's purpose: a quick interrupt that can function for any purpose, be it chasing, running, etc. After maxing Eye, you max Zephyr to increase your slow and nuke damage.

It's even more defined after this patch, considering that breaking the shield no longer removes the attack damage buff. Not that it happened too much regardless.

Dragonk

04-08-2010

I changed a few things mostly Rageblade which was a pretty bad mistake on my its now an Infinity Edge and the leveling chart around a bit so Howling Gale is last. I still believe Zephyr should be maxed first and its expressed why in the guide. I appreciate trying to bash my brains in and again I am fully willing to demonstrate how well everything works in the the guide.

Vienna

04-08-2010

See Reginald on AoN vs. L0cust in the biggest, most recent LoL tournament's finals.