Full Janna Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

So this is my second guide this time for Janna again to big to post here. I think it came out pretty good, I would like to see more people use her because shes very versatile and a good gank partner. You can see the guide here http://itsnothax.com/?page_id=510.

Disclaimer: This guide covers two build that I often use for Janna. This guide is based on my personal experience with Janna and what I have found effective, it does not express "the best build" or only build you should use for Janna, just my personal preferences. There are many other builds for Janna that are not included in my guide. If you feel anything in this guide needs to be removed, improved, or changed please let me know in a constructive manner. Thank you for reading.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

Well no criticism so I'm guessing the guide is pretty solid =D

Saavedra

04-08-2010

I glance at it and I think you must be crazy for leaving Eye of the Storm until last, but then the patch with her new buff only just came out today, so I don't really know yet, and somehow I suspect you don't either, just because it was only a few hours ago.

hwke

04-08-2010

Your runes need to be more on the defensive side. For blue runes you want either magic resist or mana regen per lvl. Quints you want flat HP since Janna is so squishy. Yellows you want dodge, hp per lvl, or armor. Reds armor pen or spell pen.

I don't get why you suggest howling gale at lvl 1. If you get the shield first and get into a fight, the 100hp shield is pretty big plus an extra 28 dmg per hit is pretty big for lvl 1. It seems worth a lot more than throwing 1 tornado which will amount to nothing unless it's like a 5v5 lvl 1 team fight.

Max zepher and shield first. Leave howling gale last since you are to mainly use the tornado for it's utility knock up.

You suggest nashors, arch angel staff, phantom dancer, and rageblade? Random items?

If you want to be support then get: aegis, merc treads, starks, then something situational.

If you want to be DPS then get: brutalizer, zerker boots, zeal, infinity edge, phantom dancer

I'm being totally negative but it seems as if you're throwing random items and runes together in order to misdirect the new players.

Vienna

04-08-2010

Max Eye first. :x

CarlSagansCosmos

04-08-2010

even with the new buffs, eye and zeph should still be lvled up first. You're still only useing tornado not so much for damage, but knockup, which is as effective at lvl 1 as it is at 5. I definatly suggest getting 1 lvl in it, but it should be the last thing you lvl all the way up to 5. Damage wise, it's still lack luster.

I've also seen really good arguments that critical strike is not as good as armor pen, so you'll probably wanna go armor pen more than Magic pen that if you're going DPS.

As for summoner spells, I suggest removing ghost. While a great spell, janna has a ghost on her already (zeph), and with it's low CD (along with CD ruins and items) there really isn't a need to have this. Any other summoner spell would probably be more effective, I usually go ignite exaust for kills, but cleanse should not be overlooked either. Teleport is great for pushing because of her speed, she can teleport to a turret and then quickly escape.

Dragonk

04-08-2010

Ok I can answer all these questions pretty easily.

1. Howling Gale is one of the best harassment/farming spells in the game, at level 1 its fantastic I usually prefer it over. I made a booboo with Eye of the Storm leveling chart your supposed to get it at level 2 not 3 (fixed that).

Quote:
If you want to be DPS then get: brutalizer, zerker boots, zeal, infinity edge, phantom dancer
Is really total waste of Janna's powerful spells. The reason I chose those items (Which work incredibly well and even better in the last few hours) is because they improve her spells and her attacks and also give quite a bit of mana regen which is really needed as Janna. The item build works incredibly well and I suggest trying it.

3. As far as runes go I think crit chance+ gives you the most bang for your buck as Janna though Magic Pen is also useful. I need to experiment with quints on Janna a bit more but I added mana regen to blues since your entirely correct on that.

4. Eye of the Stormed is maxed last but its leveled throughout the build. I think high damage from Howling Gale helps you level faster and farm faster, hence Eye of the Storm is last. Zephyr should always be maxed first as far as I'm concerned and thats described in the guide.

Thanks for the advice =D

Chai

04-08-2010

Like what the above said, your items are completely random and have no synergy with each other.

Nashor's + Boots + Arch Angel's + Phantom Dancer + Rageblade = Epic fail.

From first glance, this build may be okay as it gives you a CDR/AP/DPS Hybrid Build, yet, Janna would fail immensely if you build it in this particular order.

1. Arch Angel's is a terrible item on Janna. Why? Janna already has insanely high mana, and with 10 Seals of Clarity, Mana should never be a problem unless you're too spell spam happy, which any good Janna players should not do. Furthermore, AP is just useless on Janna. Sure her ratios are okay (0.8, 0.75 something like that), but she's not a nuker. Her spell damages are just too low.

2. Rageblade. RAGEBLADE?! Are you kidding me? There's so many things wrong with this item on Janna given your item build and order.
a) Getting rageblade last is stupid. Moving into lategame, rageblade is utterly useless, and even more useless on Janna because she loses effectiveness over time.
b) In no way does a Rageblade synergize with any of her skills/spells.

The giant flaw in your item build is that you're trying to be okay at everything, which is something Janna can't afford to do. Janna is versatile, but not to the extent where you can build her into a triple hybrid.

My suggestions to your guide and build is:
1) Find a niche for Janna that you like and stick to it from the beginning of the game, whether it be DPS or CDR/Tank or AP (I do not recommend AP at all).
2) Highlight the key points to success during laning phase. There's perhaps a handful of champions that can hold their own against my Janna solo-ing mid.

Btw, I main a DPS Janna.

Dragonk

04-08-2010

As far as Ghost goes it makes Janna a god, she can escape from anything but you can't escape from her.

Dragonk

04-08-2010

Chai I suggest you try the item build before you bash it, Rageblade is the only item I find to be debatable but the match usually ends after I get my pickaxe as Janna can really stomp anyone.