Zoom In-Out

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LGD Eight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeckly View Post
As much as I'd like to have a larger zoom out, I do see an issue with it. While your personal FoW range is limited on your character (i.e. your character can only see so much on his own), minions also clear the FoW. If I can now zoom out farther than my personal FoW clearing, I can potentially actually see more than other champions.
You can do this already, as the camera is not locked to your champion. Your point is moot. You can see anywhere on the map, and the fog of war will be revealed wherever friendly units are. Also, you could always look at the minimap for revealed sections of the map, although your level of detail is low. The advantage of a farther zoom distance would be that you could have something in between a "standard" view and your minimap, which could be helpful during laning phases especially. During team fights as well, depending on where the engagement is. As of right now, I find myself having to constantly move my camera to position myself properly -- why can't I just zoom farther out so I can concentrate more on my character movement?

Hellghun

01-07-2011

Increased zoom would make this game so much better for people with smaller resolutions, as of now someone with 1920x1080 has quite an advantage over someone playing at 1366x768 for example.

Aranneas

Recruiter

01-09-2011

Is it possible to re-bind the zoom function to a set of keys? I play on a laptop, and rarely on a flat surface, so no mouse in the vast majority of games. I'm sure I'm not the only one.