Zoom In-Out

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooking Panda

09-15-2009

Sign me up for allowing us to zoom out more

aveneyer

09-16-2009

Another /poke for even more zoom out. On a 24" monitor at 1920 x 1080, I still feel like I'm constantly scrolling to cover all my angles.

Airbag

09-16-2009

The view is fine, anyone who's played dota will agree.

The reason why zooming out will cause problems is because it will be much harder to gank someone if they see it coming from a mile away, everyone's movespeed will need to be adjusted and the entire mechanics reworked.

If you leave the fog/line of sight the same, it will feel clunky when a hero disappears into fog when you SHOULD be able to see him given the wide viewing angle...

It's fine, this isn't an RTS, get used to it imo

Arisen

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbag View Post
Actually, it is a realtime strategy game, but I doubt they'll increase the zoom level to a comfortable level anyway so yeah we'll have no choice but to get used to it.

Airbag

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisen View Post
Actually, it is a realtime strategy game, but I doubt they'll increase the zoom level to a comfortable level anyway so yeah we'll have no choice but to get used to it.
It's not an RTS where u control multiple units where u need to see them all is what i mean, not a traditional RTS.

Redrach

09-16-2009

Quote:
The view is fine, anyone who's played dota will agree.

The reason why zooming out will cause problems is because it will be much harder to gank someone if they see it coming from a mile away, everyone's movespeed will need to be adjusted and the entire mechanics reworked.

If you leave the fog/line of sight the same, it will feel clunky when a hero disappears into fog when you SHOULD be able to see him given the wide viewing angle...

This.
The current zoom is fine, thank you.

Arisen

09-16-2009

Quote:
It's not an RTS where u control multiple units where u need to see them all is what i mean, not a traditional RTS.
Yeah I knew that. Just being pedantic.

Well I didn't really think of the tiny viewfinder mechanic being important to certain people's playstyle but since LoL is supposed to be an advancement over DoTA maybe the zoom distance could become an advancement too.

Like I said, I don't expect it to change but I know the game would be a lot more fun for me if i didn't have to constantly shove my view up and down during an engagement to know what's going on.

ActionScript2

09-17-2009

+1 here.

Being able to zoom out more is so much nicer and easier on the eyes.

Andrewsm

09-17-2009

at the current zoom level if i stand in the middle lane i can only see less than half of the area between the first two towers.. way too small. new patch ftw

Airbag

09-17-2009

actually upon further inspection, a slighty larger view area would be an improvement. Today i was getting owned by an ashe who was lighting me up while having half his body off the screen.

+1