Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zoom In-Out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rndmhro

09-08-2009

they increased how far you can zoom out but I thought I read that they increaseed the char models etc which kinda seems to defeat the purpose in instances of larger champions

Death4Sale

09-09-2009

Quote:
Rainbow Dragon:
Please make the max zoom amount an option that can be controlled, I like being able to just spin my mouse wheel and hit the maximum zoom and not have to think about it. But any more zoom than what there is currently is going to be too zoomed out for me. I don't think much if any more is actually needed imho but you might want to cap zoom out, out of map hacking concerns.

Kudos to you Rainbow Dragon, good idea!

An option to set the maximum zoom is exactly what we need

It really should be as easy as the flick of the mouse wheel

Thanks for all the openness to suggestions Riot, keep it up!

Zine

09-10-2009

+42 for more zoom.

This is currently my least favorite part of the game. I have to either deal with towers/champions hitting me from off screen or constantly scroll the window around to see what should simply be in my view. If we could zoom out twice as far, the game would be twice as fun.

Arisen

09-13-2009

Yeah, I'd say zooming out about twice as far as you can at present would cure the "I'm peeking through a little viewfinder" problem the game currently has.

I doubt it would create performance issues considering how lightweight the graphic engine is.

YummyCheese

Recruiter

09-14-2009

+1 for more zoom out.

HaCkMaN

Recruiter

09-14-2009

+1 more zoom.
It would be nice a menu option to set the default zoom, raising the max zoom allowed to 80+- (constants.var value) and starting in a mid value like 56-60.

fagballs

09-14-2009

No, it's already far enough.

Arisen

09-14-2009

Quote:
fagballs:
No, it's already far enough.

Cool. You keep it at the present distance. The rest of us would like to zoom out farther.

Luske

09-14-2009

I also vote for more zoom.

I think more zoom would make games more viewer friendly - for competitive games it would help spectators to be able to see more.

HaCkMaN

Recruiter

09-15-2009

Quote:
Arisen:
Cool. You keep it at the present distance. The rest of us would like to zoom out farther.

Couldn't be more agree