Attention all Carries:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
2nd'd.

Also 2nd'd'ing the Blackcleaver on corki. Probably the only character that it is better on.

Maybe ezreal too just by the fact that his Q attack applies on-hit effects but cannot crit.
Actually, to me, Corki seems like one of the most obvious champs to NOT get black cleaver on. That just seems crazy to me that on a carry who specs armor pen first of all, and has a GREAT, armor reducing spell 2nd of all, that you STILL want to throw in a Black Cleaver on top of that. Last Whisper with all of his other armor penetration should be amazing enough.

It would be like buying a Rylai's Scepter on Anivia or something just so they could be EVEN slower. Or getting a bloodthirster on Warwick for EVEN MORE lifesteal. Do you kind of see my reasoning? It's just overkill. And besides, who the hell are you targetting that you need armor pen runes, gattling gun, AND black cleaver to get through to them. Someone with that much armor definitely shouldn't be your target in a teamfight and when the time comes that they are, it will be a tank so you outdamage them anyways right?

Adel Dijerek

04-08-2010

Gatling is a cone attack. Who you're targeting is irrelevant to it. It's a team-wide debuff that goes up in just a couple seconds.

EchoRex

04-08-2010

Which doesn't change anything at all that he said.

How are people this bad at logic?

wildfire393

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Actually, to me, Corki seems like one of the most obvious champs to NOT get black cleaver on. That just seems crazy to me that on a carry who specs armor pen first of all, and has a GREAT, armor reducing spell 2nd of all, that you STILL want to throw in a Black Cleaver on top of that. Last Whisper with all of his other armor penetration should be amazing enough.
Someone lacks an understanding of game mechanics.

Corki's Gatling does Armor Reduction, which is applied before penetration and percentage penetration. Additionally, it can go negative (but no penetration can).

So if you Gatling someone who has 70 armor, you reduce them by a total of 50 down to 20. LW at that point would give only 8 penetration. Black Cleaver, however, could apply up to an additional 60 at this point, knocking them down to -40.

AIM7Sparrow

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Someone lacks an understanding of game mechanics.

Corki's Gatling does Armor Reduction, which is applied before penetration and percentage penetration. Additionally, it can go negative (but no penetration can).

So if you Gatling someone who has 70 armor, you reduce them by a total of 50 down to 20. LW at that point would give only 8 penetration. Black Cleaver, however, could apply up to an additional 60 at this point, knocking them down to -40.
Congrats? See Echo7's post above.

xSJx

04-08-2010

You forgot pantheon :P

AIM7Sparrow

04-09-2010

Can't say I know enough about Pantheon to include him in that list. I know what Heartseeker strike does but still I wasn't sure.

Kaniol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

Quote:
Nobody said he was good. He's still a classic carry though. Kat on the other hand isn't your classic carry. Her damage comes from spells, she's essentially a mage.
YOu meant "DPS" not "carry" then? Sorry, i didn't recognize that OP doesn't understand what does "carry" mean.
Carry carries his team to victory, Trynd does not

AIM7Sparrow

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaniol View Post
YOu meant "DPS" not "carry" then? Sorry, i didn't recognize that OP doesn't understand what does "carry" mean.
Carry carries his team to victory, Trynd does not
Sigh...another lv 20 summoner strikes.

Kaniol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

Quote:
Sigh...another lv 20 summoner strikes.
Not only this argument has nothing to do with topic but also it is invalid. Ugly troll, ugly!