Attention all Carries:

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

04-07-2010

Infinity Edge > Black Cleaver

I know black cleaver has a much lower cost for almost the same damage, but the extra money you're throwing out is not just on 5 damage. Don't forget +20% crit chance. The combine cost is also one of the cheapest for one of the BEST unique passives in the game.

If you're rushing a high tier carry item. Hold onto your BF sword and save up for IE. Do not be tempted with black cleaver. Same goes for bloodthirster, which straight up doesn't even make sense (unless your Sivir.)

Let me make it more clear who this applies to:
Ashe
Tryndamere
Shaco
Twitch
Tristana
Gangplank
Corki
Twisted Fate
Teemo

Remember I'm not saying IE is supposed to be the first item you buy. What I'm saying is that when choosing your first high tier attack item, Infinity Edge is better than black cleaver and bloodthirster for the above characters.

EDIT3: Done bumping/replying cuz everyone is smarter than everyone else.

kjgkjgkgklfgl

04-07-2010

0.o.
why would u get infinity if you aren't a crit monkey?

Blood Thirster v. Infinity on Jax/Udyr is questionable.
Infinity on Kat is stupid.
Infinity v. Black Cleaver on Trist/Twitch - I would go for Cleaver first.

But crit monkeys like Trynd, Panth, Shaco, etc... definitely need to go for Infinity.

Kabaaaaaaam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Infinity Edge > Black Cleaver

I know black cleaver has a much lower cost for almost the same damage, but the extra money you're throwing out is not just on 5 damage. Don't forget +20% crit chance. The combine cost is also one of the cheapest for one of the BEST unique passives in the game.

If you're rushing a high tier carry item. Hold onto your BF sword and save up for IE. Do not be tempted with black cleaver. Same goes for bloodthirster, which straight up doesn't even make sense (unless your Sivir.)
RAGE at its finest

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

Black cleaver reduces armor. Which in turn makes everyone hit harder.

AIM7Sparrow

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaaaaaaam View Post
RAGE at its finest
How in the world is this rage? lol...fine sorry I told you Infinity Edge is better?

AIM7Sparrow

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthael View Post
0.o.
why would u get infinity if you aren't a crit monkey?

Blood Thirster v. Infinity on Jax/Udyr is questionable.
Infinity on Kat is stupid.
Infinity v. Black Cleaver on Trist/Twitch - I would go for Cleaver first.

But crit monkeys like Trynd, Panth, Shaco, etc... definitely need to go for Infinity.
First of all, Kat doesn't autoattack. And she's from what you consider a carry, functioning more like a mage.

Jax also is not your classic carry seeing as he goes rageblade, atmas, etc etc. Udyr rushes triforce from what I know, again, not your classic carry.

And as for Trist and Twitch you're completely mistaken. Infinity Edge is better. As it is for Ashe. The three you listed apply as well.

kjgkjgkgklfgl

04-07-2010

hmmm it depends on playstyle I guess; but I would opt for black cleaver anytime on trist/twitch unless I am overfed and know I'll get black cleaver soon after I buy infinity

AIM7Sparrow

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Black cleaver reduces armor. Which in turn makes everyone hit harder.
but not everyone on your team might be dealing physical damage. and that's beside the point. the argument of "my whole team will hit harder" should be the least of your concerns when buying an item like black cleaver on a game winning carry. carries function to increase their own damage output, not their teams. tanks and supports exist for that purpose via buying Aegis, Starks, or being Taric.

AIM7Sparrow

04-07-2010

Wow I'm shocked that everyone so far thinks black cleaver is a better first item. Seriously, it's not. You can do the math for the cost and compare for yourself.

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

Except reducing the target's armor, again, makes you hit harder as well.

Part of why armor penetration runes are so powerful.

12345 ... 6