Is the IP reward a joke?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OakenshieId

06-23-2011

So this comes in my email today,

"We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 13 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 65 Influence Points."

13 cases for only 65 influence points?

"If your recommendation matches the final verdict, you will receive a reward in the form of Influence Points (an indeterminate amount, but likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay) for your civil service."

That's straight out of the tribunal. But "likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay"? Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't take me 2-3 hours to get 65 IP.

For those of you who didn't pass 2nd grade math, thats only 5 IP for a correct case. I'm sorry, but that's kind of weak, and with such a poor incentive, I have no real reason to participate in the Tribunal anymore. : /

Lineov

06-23-2011

You can't take 10~30 minutes to help clean up the community?

HGH Bonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

well excuse us for the tribunal "existing" so we can clean up community.

see what i did thar?

LawGiver500

06-23-2011

5 ip a case is fine because im not depending on it to make or break my ip build. working so that my friends can play in a community that doesnt flame, spam, rage, or make the game unfun is the true reward.

Omg selfless act.

plus banned forum troll rage that is a huge plus

rest0

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existing View Post

"We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 13 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 65 Influence Points."

"If your recommendation matches the final verdict, you will receive a reward in the form of Influence Points (an indeterminate amount, but likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay) for your civil service."

That's straight out of the tribunal. But "likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay"? Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't take me 2-3 hours to get 65 IP.

For those of you who didn't pass 2nd grade math, thats only 5 IP for a correct case. I'm sorry, but that's kind of weak, and with such a poor incentive, I have no real reason to participate in the Tribunal anymore. : /

Do it for the community, not for the IP.

TL;DR stfu greedy.

HarleyHawr

06-23-2011

As if the IP rewards were the real reason for us to participate in the Tribunal.

Falleng0d

06-23-2011

The reference to equal to a few hours of game play was related to the possibility of 30 cases per day which people do not have yet, just fyi....

DeathDRH

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existing View Post

If your only reason for taking part int he tribunal is for IP .... Then by all means , do not take part again.
Being part of the tribunal is to help clean up the community and assist in get people back in line who step out....As i have said before , I feel the IP should be taken out. If we cannot take time out to help deal with the problem children in the community , then we have no right to complain either.

Ridcully8

06-23-2011

530 IP for 106 cases. I could get a cheap champ, if I didn't own them all already.

While I do it to help weed out trolls, I wouldn't mind the reward being better. It does take a significant amount of time, time I could be spending gaming, to do this.

I have seen it suggested several times, and do like this idea. Making the reward 2-3 RP instead of IP. It would still take 100+ cases correctly judged to get a skin that's on sale. However, it would feel much more worth while then IP, which I can get by afking in a custom game while I read my homework rather then dozens of chat logs that make me sad to play.

But people will just set up bots or mindlessly auto punish everything for free rp!

Riot can ban people from tribunaling more, or deduct RP earned for the week for cases wrongly judged.

That, or credit people a skin for ever X cases solved correctly, like with friend referrals. Something to make it feel more worth the time. Maybe a custom tribunal only skin for 10000 correct cases, Eh? Eh? Throw me something here.

But Riot will go bankrupt because everyone will tribunal for RP and not buy any!!!

No, at 3 RP a case, the overwhelming majority will still just shell out cash rather then wait 6 weeks tribunaling to get an on sale skin. I bet they wont see even a measurable decrease in RP sales. I doubt it would change at all.

But you should be doing it for the community!

I do, but much like community service in real life, my time would be better spent working at my job for a day, then giving 5 homeless bums hamburgers with the cash I made working, to go pick up trash in the park for me for a week, and I would still have spending money left over from my days work. Rather then picking up trash myself.

What? You ask, I no understand?

I could play one game, make more IP, and probably be less sad, then spending the several hours a week I tribunal, for greater reward even for a loss, and letting other people tribunal. People are going to tribunal anyway, and trolls are going to troll games anyway. If I personally am not benefiting, why should I bother.

TL DR Rewards could be better, and more special feeling.