IP farming: A punishable offence?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hasinbinseen

Recruiter

06-23-2011

I have noticed that on some of these cases, the offender in the case never goes past lvl 1 (or anything between 1-10) and has none to little items bought leaving me to believe that they either left on purpose (for who knows what reason) or they got disconnected due to some kind of connection issue. But then I notice the time played and it doesn't add up. I mean how could a player who had been playing for 42 minutes (or the entire duration of the game) only be lvl 1? OH WAIT A SECOND, looks like we have someone who just wants to farm a bit of IP and could care less about the outcome of the game (they aren't even playing! They are just moving every couple of minutes to avoid being kicked from the game). My question is: should I report behavior like this? Or should I only concern myself with how the offender treated his teammates and his opponents? I know Riot implemented a system for banning leavers, but what about afk'ers? Is the Tribunal the only way of catching these players? Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this and I should just click skip on these cases, but I would like other people's thoughts on this. I have so many more questions on my mind about this but lets take this one step at a time.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malachi Nnelg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

yes, it is called afk'ing, report them, then their IP farming becomes useless when they get banned, if they make a new account, hopefully they learned, if not, well, it will take a while before they are level 30 again