Stuff you shouldn't do but I see anyways.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lagoon7

04-08-2010

The only attack speed item i think a twitch should get is Last Whisper, i actually highly recommend it.

I play pure tanks and let me tell you this, twitch is so freaking squishy that i can literally eat him alive before he gets my hp below 3/4 every time.

However against twitches with LW, although in a 1v1 situation i still have no problem, in teamfights he actually poses a fairly big threat, and makes it hard to initiate.

Malady is **** btw, reduced by MR and really doesnt amount to much. Starks gives a fairly massive boost to your and your teams dmg, LW makes you rip chunks out of everything.

Another good cheap item for twitch is brutalizer.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
They actually fixed this in the patch where they made Stacked Deck and Sword of the Divine not hit towers.
I thought they fixed it way long ago, like the second udyr patch....

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

+1 on a great thread

Churchy

Friend of Urf

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Freak View Post
What is fail? There is nothing wrong with a little AS on twitch. This will also make him usefull when his ult is on cd. It is wrong to buy many AS items on twitch, but, lets say 20 -60% works just fine.
Buying a last whisper for instance in a armor heavy enemy team, is not a bad thing. Sure, u can go for a black cleaver instead. But gtetting a zeal/last whisper/berserker boots can early/mid game just give u the edge for some kills. Some kills mean extra money, extra money equals better items.
Just blindly buying merc's doens't make u a good player. Item setup is usually depending on what my enemy's buy/team composition. For a tank merc's is not such a good idea.
Coming out of stealth twitch has 1.9 attack speed.
It's a terrible build.
Attack faster to kill more creeps?
You can hit harder and achieve the same autoattacking fail results, or just last hit like a non-******.

Carados

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
Just to add, if people don't know, the fastest your attack speed can go, the cap, is 2.5 attacks per second.

Coming out of stealth and your ult and 40% attack speed puts you just a hair under the cap.

Last Whisper is 40% attack speed and the single best damage item in the game.

Re: Poison Stacks: Twitch is 70% positioning when playing him. If you're ever in a ganking situation, you need to put yourself so they need to run past you to escape. You shouldn't have trouble building up poison stacks.

Matthew21210

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
A) Attack speed Twitch.

If you like half of you items being rendered useless when you use your ult,
go ahead, it's a good build.

Here's the thing. Yes, you don't hit the attack speed cap when you aren't ulting. But, you are most useful when you are ulting, and missing 4000 gold worth of items in that situation isn't a good thing.

For those of us in sane land, Crit and Damage are good stats on Twitch.

C) Build a Malady.

Starkes and Last Whisper cost the same amount. Last Whisper gives much more damage then Malady will, and Starkes benefits your team more. If you're building Malady for damage, build a Last Whisper. If you're building it for helping your team while focus firing, get a Starkes. Executioner's Calling also gives great stats, an a decent active.
THIS. TOGETHER.
I smile when I see an enemy twitch do this. Usually, I get sort of worried when I see twitch, because, you know, I've played him, and it's not even really fair. Then I see the malady, and I'm like... "Hey guys. We got a free gank...."

Bronan

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post

Disagree. On a map like SR wards really aren't that important.
er, what?

Brovaltine

04-09-2010

I agree with Bronan, wards are really important on any map, SR or TT.

D2Freak

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
It's a terrible build.
Attack faster to kill more creeps?
You can hit harder and achieve the same autoattacking fail results, or just last hit like a non-******.
I hate these non correct messages. Lvl 18 twitch with 60% AS (Thats what u get from lvl 5 ambush) only has 1.48 AS. With his ult (another 80% at skill lvl 3) he reaches 2.024 AS. For a maximum of 7 seconds (ult) and 10 seconds with the ambush bonus maxed out.
If you think thats ok, np. Thats fine. But, as u can see, there is nothing wrong with up to 60% extra AS. With this extra 60% i get 2.432 AS (with lvl 5 ambush bonus and lvl 3 ult). Still under the 2.5 cap and it really helps @ early/mid.

I am not telling you guys this is the way he should be build, i am just saying that up to 60% AS from items is not useless on Twitch. So getting a zeal/berserkers/last whisper/ etc can work out fine before you get the BF sword. It depends on your playstyle. If u are very ult dependent, go straight for BF. I like to be a bit more usefull when my ult is on cd. So i grab the extra AS/MS/CC from zeal. Works for me.

Edit: For the record, i am usually 6-8 when i get my zeal. That means only 40% AS from lvl 1 ult and since i lvl expunge first i might have 2 points in ambush (30% AS) So at this phase i only get 70% AS instead of the 140% i get @ lvl 16.
Sure u can go for double avarice blades, but i prefer zeal. This usually gets me 2+ kills, earning me usually more money then i could have had with double avarice blades.
* 1 avarice 450 gold per 15 minutes
* 1 enemy champ killed 300 - 1000 gold
All i need to do now is kill 3 champs in 15 minutes to get more gold then i had with avarice blades.