Stuff you shouldn't do but I see anyways.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGin View Post
Not that I think your advice is wrong or anything, but Malada is MUCH cheaper than Starks or Last Whisper (1470 v. 2160 and 2500).
1890g vs 1965g vs 2550g, but the first step for Starks is pretty cheap (800g)

GuyGin

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
1890g vs 1965g vs 2550g, but the first step for Starks is pretty cheap (800g)
I'm sorry, you are correct. I was going off the LoL items directory, which lists the maladay as only taking 1 dagger.

I have no idea how they justify it being so expensive. Seems like it's WAY under budget.

EchoRex

04-07-2010

Quote:
C) Build a Malady.

Starkes and Last Whisper cost the same amount. Last Whisper gives much more damage then Malady will, and Starkes benefits your team more. If you're building Malady for damage, build a Last Whisper. If you're building it for helping your team while focus firing, get a Starkes. Executioner's Calling also gives great stats, an a decent active.
Stark's gives more damage also.

The only champions Malady very well on are Twitch(full team application of debuff) and Udyr (every hit of Tiger Stance procs the debuff, only every third can apply it). Everyone else is better off with a Vamp and a Last Whisper if the team already has a Stark's carrier.

Quote:
D) Build Beserker Greaves.

Both of the defensive boots are way too valuable to waste on a tiny amount of attack speed. If you are the person who is building Beserker Greaves, you are the person the other team is likely to focus first.

There is no other item in the game which gives you a 40% reduction of CC effects.
Most of your deaths, I am willing to bet, are due to being snared, feared, stunned, or slowed.

The only other item in the game which gives dodge gives less then twice as much for 4x the cost.

I'm even ignoring the ~17% reduction in Magical and Physical damage they give for most champions.

Both are a steal. Beserker Greaves give a tiny amount of attack speed.
Unless you're Mundo, who is the only champion it is excusable on, due to crowd control reduction stacking multiplicatively, not additively. Not to mention abysmal base attack speed on a DPS champion makes baby jesus cry.

Even then... its not worth it often.

xrats

04-08-2010

I totally agree.Finally,a player that understand more than the basic things in this game. +1.

Elfen1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

Pure attack speed Ashes without +dmg items. Ashe's primary nuke scales with AD, and she has no on-hit effects that benefit from a high atk speed.

Fire Storm82

04-08-2010

totally wrong on the twitch thing, the REAL key to twitch is his expunge, you want to get as many poinson stacks on asap, get at least 6 and expunge will do massive damage, attack speed also allows you to farm like mad, and with maladies lifesteal allows you to stay in the lanes.
trust me, almost max twitches attack speed, and then with my massive amounts of money from farming and ganking with massive expunges, build infinity edge then maybe a bloodthirster and by then the game is over.
twitch was my main and i always dominated this way
you're stupid to gimp expunge by not getting attack speed

Rezengu

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Storm82 View Post
totally wrong on the twitch thing, the REAL key to twitch is his expunge, you want to get as many poinson stacks on asap, get at least 6 and expunge will do massive damage, attack speed also allows you to farm like mad, and with maladies lifesteal allows you to stay in the lanes.
trust me, almost max twitches attack speed, and then with my massive amounts of money from farming and ganking with massive expunges, build infinity edge then maybe a bloodthirster and by then the game is over.
twitch was my main and i always dominated this way
you're stupid to gimp expunge by not getting attack speed
Fail.
Go to a decent ELO and you will see attack speed is fail
WHen I play Twitch, I get most of my kills from damage anyways and with your ult, you should be able to proc expunge as much as when you stack attack speed, and there's a cap of attack speed like everyone says

D2Freak

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezengu View Post
Fail.
Go to a decent ELO and you will see attack speed is fail
WHen I play Twitch, I get most of my kills from damage anyways and with your ult, you should be able to proc expunge as much as when you stack attack speed, and there's a cap of attack speed like everyone says
What is fail? There is nothing wrong with a little AS on twitch. This will also make him usefull when his ult is on cd. It is wrong to buy many AS items on twitch, but, lets say 20 -60% works just fine.
Buying a last whisper for instance in a armor heavy enemy team, is not a bad thing. Sure, u can go for a black cleaver instead. But gtetting a zeal/last whisper/berserker boots can early/mid game just give u the edge for some kills. Some kills mean extra money, extra money equals better items.
Just blindly buying merc's doens't make u a good player. Item setup is usually depending on what my enemy's buy/team composition. For a tank merc's is not such a good idea.

Linden Ryuujin

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Freak View Post
For a tank merc's is not such a good idea.
Yeah, boots that reduce CC and give you magic resist are a really bad idea on a tank.

Azing

04-08-2010

Quote:
A) Attack speed Twitch.
Agree to some extent. Twitch should invest in Attack Speed though to some degree. Its more valuable on him then most. Still Crit by far is much more deadly and combined with poison can do some serious damage.

Quote:
B) Pure-Tank Morde.
Disagree. I don't know how you define 'pure tank' but I'll just say that Mord by far is INCREDIBLE when built as a tank. If built in the right way he can get items to boost his resistance while also giving him more damage output. Most items I have on Mord have a defensive purpose minus my usual Haunting Guise which gives more penetration, and specially with the new patch its a big investment.

Basicly a tank Morde should utilize the gear in a way to allow for more CDR and AP and boosting survivability. His abilities hurt with some Magic Penetration and the ability to spam while allowing his shield to stay up and take more damage.

Quote:
C) Build a Malady.
Malady is actually a great item on Attack Speed focused heroes. Its effect is rather under-rated since that 30 damage applies to everyone so having 3 people meleeing the hero will be essencially adding 90 damage if all 3 were to attack at once. Starks btw costs I believe 1k more gold, and last whisper is still slightly more expensive. I'd say get this if the effect is very good on you and if someone else is getting Starks, otherwise its probably better to pick up a starks for the team if this item is good for you.

Quote:
D) Build Beserker Greaves.
While I agree to some degree with this, there are certain cases I'll use it. Sivir is a good example of when I'll often drop these on, should the other team lack extreme CC. With Sivir's Spell shield and a Banshee's on her she is CC immune pretty much as it is. I also will use this on Mundo since he has great reduction on CC as well with his ability and a good cleanse works well. Really though in many cases I do agree defensive boots will be better, and if your a caster then speed boots will be a replacement for Ninja tabi since you shouldn't be in range all the time to be wailed at.

Quote:
E) Be a glass cannon.
Disagree. Some heroes can do so rather well. Ezreal for example I build him pure damage. His flash ability is incredible escape tool and his ability to keep range make him an amazing hero not needing defensive items with. I also find the same thing with Heimer. Now I must say technically I DO if you consider Rylai's as a defensive item, but really anything purely defensive that doesn't boost AP won't be used, he has so many mechanics to help him get free if your good. Chances are if you died, a defensive item would of made little to no difference.

Quote:
F) Not buy Wards.
Disagree. On a map like SR wards really aren't that important. As long as you have map awareness you can usually do fine without. Still they are very useful for keeping track of certain creeps or to prevent ganks should the other team be playing offensively.

On TT... I completely agree. Wards make the difference completely since the maps focused on ganking. 1 ward in jungle is enough to allow you to push up and get out and avoid death. Should a stealthy be on the other team a vision ward though 60 more with 1 minute less time, will be incredible in foiling their gank attempts. A stealthy they can't pop out unexpectedly loses effectiveness greatly.

Over-all not so bad.

@D2Freak: Depends on the tank and the other team. Smart teams will CC a tank if its like Alister or Mord who thrive off being active in combat. Merc treads is so useful on tanks in certain situations. Most often though Ninja Tabi or Boots of Speed will be a tank's choice depending on the melee's threat.