Stuff you shouldn't do but I see anyways.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

04-07-2010

A) Attack speed Twitch.

If you like half of you items being rendered useless when you use your ult,
go ahead, it's a good build.

Here's the thing. Yes, you don't hit the attack speed cap when you aren't ulting. But, you are most useful when you are ulting, and missing 4000 gold worth of items in that situation isn't a good thing.

For those of us in sane land, Crit and Damage are good stats on Twitch.

B) Pure-Tank Morde.

Let's ignore the folly of pure tanks in this game.

You are a caster with zero CC, and negligible damage without scaling.

The enemy has no reason to attack you if you build pure tank.
Revel in your zero deaths as you are completely ignored by the other team. You have tons of survivability but no place to spend it.

If you insist, get a Ryjai's and a Haunting Guise, so at the very least your spells do some damage.

C) Build a Malady.

Starkes and Last Whisper cost the same amount. Last Whisper gives much more damage then Malady will, and Starkes benefits your team more. If you're building Malady for damage, build a Last Whisper. If you're building it for helping your team while focus firing, get a Starkes. Executioner's Calling also gives great stats, an a decent active.

D) Build Beserker Greaves.

Both of the defensive boots are way too valuable to waste on a tiny amount of attack speed. If you are the person who is building Beserker Greaves, you are the person the other team is likely to focus first.

There is no other item in the game which gives you a 40% reduction of CC effects.
Most of your deaths, I am willing to bet, are due to being snared, feared, stunned, or slowed.

The only other item in the game which gives dodge gives less then twice as much for 4x the cost.

I'm even ignoring the ~17% reduction in Magical and Physical damage they give for most champions.

Both are a steal. Beserker Greaves give a tiny amount of attack speed.

E) Be a glass cannon.

Tanks can't keep damage off you.

If you don't buy survivability, you are going to die, because you have the least amount of bars, and are the most tempting target.

Get a Phage. Get a Ryjais. Get a Haunting Guise. They help you stay alive. Life steal doesn't help against burst damage, don't rely on it.

F) Not buy Wards.

Unless you are rushing Rod of Ages, that 90g in you have left in your bank isn't going to do anything in your bank. Buy a ward, place it at dragon. Keeping in control of dragon will net you much more then the ward costs.

Nizahma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

+1 for some excellent advice.

Alcalz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

agreed.
except for the glass cannon part, but that's only advisable on TT.

Blackstoise

Recruiter

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
A) Attack speed Twitch.
I literally want to nuke my own team's twitch when they do this, sad part is, they still end up doing decently well.

And total agreement on the malady. It is just a terrible item to build.

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

Anything besides Tank Nasus.

...just because you can DPS doesn't mean you should :\

Thome

04-07-2010

I'll agree with about 80% of the above stated.
a) excellent advice
b) Pure tank mord, can pose a severe threat to most squishy characters by end game... esp since his moves scale so poorly with ap.
c) good advice
d) Zerker greaves are very useful on a small and i mean small handful of characters (4-6 tops).
e) I find a glass cannon late game to be extremely useful. Just make sure you have a shen/ramus... (taunts and stuns are essential if u have a glass cannon) that can actually 100% keep them safe.
f) best advice on here. wards wins wars.

Overall as a staple these are very decent rules to follow.

EnderA

04-07-2010

Only exception to Malady: Udyr. The tiger stance triggers the damage bonus from Malady three times. (It only stacks the effect on them once out of the three, but the damage part triggers all three times.)

GuyGin

04-07-2010

Not that I think your advice is wrong or anything, but Malada is MUCH cheaper than Starks or Last Whisper (1470 v. 2160 and 2500).

Also did they fix Maladay so that the damage wouldn't proc off of poison ticks?

Carados

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
Only exception to Malady: Udyr. The tiger stance triggers the damage bonus from Malady three times. (It only stacks the effect on them once out of the three, but the damage part triggers all three times.)
They actually fixed this in the patch where they made Stacked Deck and Sword of the Divine not hit towers.

GuyGin

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
They actually fixed this in the patch where they made Stacked Deck and Sword of the Divine not hit towers.
Makes you wonder why they even have the stupid "splits your attack into 3 smaller attacks" portion if it can only count as 1 attack for on hit effects (sotd and maladay).

Just seems like a pointless "aspect" of tiger stance.