Nasus Vs Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leonhart83

04-07-2010

So I am trying to mix things up and in similar fashion when I switched from Teemo to Tristana I want some feedback about the similarities.

I am using the following build as a starting point.
http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....the-gem-knight

1.Health Stone
2.Cloth Armor/Cloak (depending on lane or both)
3.Boots
4.Finish Aegis
5.Finish Merc Treds
6.Chalice
7.Spirit Visage/Starks
8.Starks/Spirit Visage
9.Guardian Angel

This is very similar to my Nasus build except I get Sheen instead of Chalice and Banshees instead of Guardian Angel.

What I am getting at is I feel like I am lacking the farming/harassing ability of Nasus and I don't feel like it is made up by the small amount of heal. I am also finding that Taric is lacking the scary unexpected Damage of Nasus and his SS.

I think I just need to get used to the more support that the role of Taric plays, but even though out of the 2 games I have played with him I have won I am finding that I am trying to play him like Nasus and I am falling short. Does anyone have any tips on how to play him correctly, maybe some changes to the item build or skill lineup etc.

I am going to experiment with a more cooldown/aura orientated Taric over the next few days (Soul Shroud) as the build above is more healing/aura orientated (Spirit Visage). I am hoping that Soul Shroud might be able to remove the need to Chalice.

Anyways any tips from other Nasus players that are also pro Taric would be appreciated.

BamSucka

04-07-2010

Nasus is my main, and build him similar (aegis, boots, sheen->triforce, defense).

Just keep in mind you are playing a different hero. Not sure why you are trying to play them the same.

While they are both thought of as "support" I think of Nasus as more of a lategame pusher/carry/secondary tank. I think of Taric as a teamfight supporter/heal/aura guy. You might not have the killing power of Nasus and your efforts might not be as visible to your mates, but your goal with Taric is not praise, it is to win. You make your teammates better and keep them alive longer (though they may not realize it when they are like "zomg guys did you see that sh*t! I just got a triple kill" (while failing to notice you standing next to him giving him attack speed + defense + life drain while also throwing on a couple of heals and stunning one of those baddies).

DayInTheSun

04-07-2010

Nasus is more of an offensive support champion. Wither and spirit fire are geared towards helping your carries out to deal damage.

Taric is more of a defensive support with his heals and his ult.

JoeCool808

04-07-2010

I've played many games with Nasus and have played Taric a bunch of times. I find taric similar to nasus in that he is very flexible. However, as taric you cannot be in the front line as much. Your main role is to support. Having the mana and AP to spam your heals is a great asset to your team. Also, you have a great stun and an armor buff/debuff which is very helpful. The longer you're alive and spamming your ult, the stronger your team is.

RocketSlug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

I'm not a pro Taric player, but any means, but I've never really had complaints from my teammates, even when we lose.

Starting with a mana manipulator helps a lot in laning. If you're fairly careful and work with your lane partner you will be pretty much untouchable. If your opponents try to harass you, you can just heal the damage back. If they try to get smart with you, a Stun>Shatter>Whack combo usually sends them packing back to their tower (even better if your lane partner joins in on the fun).

If by a botched gank attempt or you get an early kill (and smack their tower around a little), you can pill back, grab boots and as many pieces of Aegis as you can afford. Once you get Aegis you should start helping out in team fights. Upgrade your boots if necessary and grab your chalice. You should be able to sustain long pushes against your opponents towers, now, and I usually win by attrition at this point if we've been winning team fights. If not, I complete Soul Shroud and then possibly Spirit Visage/Starks (I've honestly never really gotten to this point).

EDIT: This is before the nerf on Aegis. It's probably still worth it, but it bums me out that such a great aura item got nerfed.

EDIT2: Oh, and don't forgo Chalice. I did some calculations and explanations here.

txsnowman

04-08-2010

Taric is bad farmer because he has one aoe with a long cooldown, although it does hit hard, and it also has a negative effect from using it, ud be better off letting the other guys, such as the carry do the farming, taric is like a tank/support either way u wont be doing much damage and would be better off worrying about making your other teamates do better, although, dps taric can be fun :>, but ud have to totally forgo survivability for u to do any decent damage

Morinav

04-08-2010

By the same token, you don't need to farm that hard with Taric. His ideal item loadout is not that expensive. Thank god he doesn't have to buy a Tri Force or Inf Edge, he'd be terrible.

I abandon my laning efforts pretty early on as Taric. He's all about team fights and pushing. You can get plenty of gold by raking in the assists.