Do temp banned people learn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dahyuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

I'm just wondering. The tribunal works as a response that keeps the community active and it's a great reply by riot to keep us satisfied with our "contribution" to help keep LoL a better place, but I'm wondering if this actually works.

Now I think the tribunal is a great place to kill time and to play admin, but in the same tone, I'm not sure if the tribunal has any substance.

What do I mean? I'm saying that the tribunal doesn't seem to give the Offending Player any warning or reason of offense (needs confirmation). Also it makes the worst players start new accounts, and start trolling/bad mouthing new players.

Now, if the tribunal was able to give players too much power, then it would be mob-rule, and on the internet community, that doesn't look so bright.

For example:

Offending Player has a bad name => proceeds to get banned, but person is not notified of why he was banned, and proceeds to make another ban

Offending Player has bad internet and d/c's => continues to play game after ban, and unintentionally continues to grief other players at lower levels

Offending Player has been banned for malicious verbal content => banned, but makes new account and continues to against lvl 1-10 players.

Why do I say this? I'm not being sarcastic when I think the tribunal is a great idea. It helps the community stay alert and gives the community a sense of contribution.

Rather than a ban, would an IP reduction sound more effective?

Purrity

06-23-2011

The only people who dont buy RP are the ones who pretend theyre riots right hand mans trying to back seat ban everybody so in the end everybody who isnt you is still ahead of you

HGH Bonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

Why would you have an IP reduction for violating the rules of the game? A denial of service is basically Riot saying "Stop acting like that while using our service, or next time will be worse" - an IP reduction would be like a mosquito bite in comparsion.

Miltrivd

06-23-2011

The game isn't about farming IP, so IP reduction doesn't attack the root of the problem.

All your examples don't really apply, the one making lvl 1 accounts, will bother the same people for a short while, since they will be leveling up and the one with the bad connection will eventually stop playing or solve his/her problem.

What I'm not sure of and will be nice to add, if is not that like that already, are accumulative bans for 2nd, 3rd, and so on, offenses under certain period of time. Meaning if I get banned again within 2 weeks of the first one, second should be a lot harsher.

Kaedan

06-23-2011

No, current system is working fine. That's proven by the amount of QQ and rage of trolls about being banned... even if it's just a three or seven day ban.

Depending on the severity, they have been perma-banning as well. Remember, we (the players) don't actually decide who gets banned. We just vote and then a Riot employee reviews it and makes a judgment and gives punishment.

LawGiver500

06-23-2011

Just read half the posts in this forum that start with **** you Riot or so on. The system seems to be getting the attention of people that offend other players, but as per the human condition it's not banned persons fault at all but that the system is flawed. same reason 90% of inmates in prison claim they are innocent when the justice system has a .025 error rate.

hazywood

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahyuk View Post
Rather than a ban, would an IP reduction sound more effective?
I used to play a lot of DotA, but finally quit when every game I played had a nerdraging flamer.

I kid you not. Each. And. Every. Game. without fail.

My choices were, hm I can play DotA and have some jackass yell at me for 60 minutes or I can find something else to do with my time. Oh and btw, it's a team game, so you need to work with that rager.

The point of the bans is to keep the LoL environment from getting toxic. Incidentally, when LoL was just kicking up, it was pretty nice. I barely ran into any verbal abuse. Then over the last few months... oh the nerdrage. I was actually getting pretty close to quitting... and incidentally I went on a LoL break anyway.

I for one, love the Tribunal.

Also, Riot cannot grow the player base if new players don't want to join. And flaming is more likely to affect new players than stubborn fools like me who play despite the thorns.

Housemate

06-23-2011

Ah, just consider it to be an initiation ritual for the younger lolers out there. If they can make it through the early level trolls then they can make it on up to level 30 where there are...well still trolls, but if the tribunal continues hopefully they'll be mostly gone at some point in time! And then they can play the game in peace! /fantasy

CJGoomba

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrity View Post
The only people who dont buy RP are the ones who pretend theyre riots right hand mans trying to back seat ban everybody so in the end everybody who isnt you is still ahead of you

Really? Because I don't spend IP to buy champs and I have at least 2 skins for each of my 10 champs.

I guess you're wrong.
And Bant.