Suggestion: Take away the IP rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mıcro User

06-23-2011

take away the ip so we dont get auto punishers

WrinkldCrustPuss

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGoomba View Post
I have two 24" led monitors, one forum trolling and one in game.
Reasonable assumption, but not the case.
I know better than to troll in-game, so I come to the tribunal where the real in-game trolls are to twist the knife. What can I say, I enjoy seeing people banned for ruining games and I enjoy seeing their posts even more.
omg dude get a life and stop trolling trolls >< ya friggin nerd

Freddy Freefarm

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGoomba View Post
Best part is I don't even spend the IP either. I make enough money to buy everything in the store twice in a week and not feel a ding.

I do tribunal because I love these posts. They let me know I'm hitting a nerve. They let me know I'm winning.

I'm always winning.

So while you try to troll me, I'm winning.

And you're still bant.
THIS.

Who's the REAL TROLL in this situation?

This whole system has gotten flat out rediculous. You've got jackoffs like this guy that are "trolling the tribunal".

LawGiver500

06-23-2011

He is trolling tribunal because he would vote punish for people he thinks deserve it without any personal reward.

someone get some tar and I'll get the feathers

HarleyHawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

I would like someone could elaborate the benefits from removing the IP rewards. I hardly think these said Tribunal Trolls would spend 10 minutes voting to get 100 ip in a very lucky streak of punish button mashing. I think it'd be easier and more fun to just play a game and troll there.

LawGiver500

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHawr View Post
I would like someone could elaborate the benefits from removing the IP rewards. I hardly think these said Tribunal Trolls would spend 10 minutes voting to get 100 ip in a very lucky streak of punish button mashing. I think it'd be easier and more fun to just play a game and troll there.
There is no point for removing the reward other then personal satifaction for people that get banned by tribunal. This argument also came up when debating on paying juriers in the US justice system. It was found that there is no moral repercussion for the payment of said jury i.e. would be similar to that of LoL tribunal which has the community act as a townhouse jury of peers. The amount is vastly substandard to that earned outside of the system therefore even those that spam punish if they get a 100% correct only earn 50 Ip for 10 min though the odds tend to be about unlikely

Lineov

06-23-2011

Even if they were to take away the IP, I would still do tribunal to do my part in helping to clean up the community.

The IP is a nice bonus though.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

I hate when people expect rewards for VOLUNTEERING. I worked with a community campaign to get people to recruit neighbors to participate in charity events like cancer walks etc. You wouldn't believe how many people will only agree to do this unless we give them free t-shirts. I volunteered for a free mmo to be a Game Sage, which reports gold spammers and filters player problems up to the community managers. I didn't know there were rewards involved but one day saw a whole bunch of free points on my account (normally these cost money). I was told this was just as a thank you.

If all the sudden Riot stopped giving away points at least it would filter people who were only interested in the free stuff and not the actual cause.

Plazmoid

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammikaze View Post
Ok, so besides Goomba who can just buy whatever he wants, I would venture a guess and say that the majority of people who do the tribunal do it for the IP reward. Is that a fair statement?
The ip reward is so low it's meaningless. 50IP per day? To look through 10 cases each with ~10 games worth of chat - 100 chat logs. If you're doing it properly anyhow. I ran out of things to spend IP on about 6mo ago other than new champs. I had 20k IP when Yorick released so.... 50IP isn't going to cut it for a task that requires a fair amount of time.

I'm not sure but I think the tribunal is going to be more trouble for Riot than it's worth having to review cases to make sure ppl aren't just auto-punishing. dunno.

Is it working well? Haven't really heard.

CJGoomba

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plazmoid View Post
The ip reward is so low it's meaningless. 50IP per day? To look through 10 cases each with ~10 games worth of chat - 100 chat logs. If you're doing it properly anyhow. I ran out of things to spend IP on about 6mo ago other than new champs. I had 20k IP when Yorick released so.... 50IP isn't going to cut it for a task that requires a fair amount of time.

I'm not sure but I think the tribunal is going to be more trouble for Riot than it's worth having to review cases to make sure ppl aren't just auto-punishing. dunno.

Is it working well? Haven't really heard.
So far the tribunal is working out quite well. Take a look at all the threads in this forum. Then try to remember what games were like 4 months ago. I remember my games 4 months ago and since tribunal, my experiences have greatly improved. A lot less Q_Q from ragers and a lot more lol's / playful joshing with PuGs.