Tristana and Doran's

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

Senior Member

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Take the Dodge boots then. The amount of attack speed on Zerkers is tiny. It's one of the worst items in the game.
25% attack speed for 570 gold. Could you please cite a more effecient attack speed/gold cost item?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
25% attack speed for 570 gold. Could you please cite a more effecient attack speed/gold cost item?
Can you tell me a more efficient CC reduction or dodge item?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

Senior Member

04-07-2010

IE first, not black cleaver.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

Senior Member

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Can you tell me a more efficient CC reduction or dodge item?
Im not claiming treads or tabi are the worst items in the game. Your circular arguement carries no weight. Support your statement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YellowSnowsicle

Senior Member

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
Im not claiming treads or tabi are the worst items in the game. Your circular arguement carries no weight. Support your statement.
His statement is already supported. You can get Aspeed from any other item (not to mention her built in steroid skill), but good luck getting cc reduction from another item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

Senior Member

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
His statement is already supported. You can get Aspeed from any other item (not to mention her built in steroid skill), but good luck getting cc reduction from another item.
That is an example of fail logic. Just because you can't get something anywhere else doesn't mean you need to get it. For an extreme example, if there was an item that turned your champion pink for only 1337 gold, would you buy it? You sure can't get that ability anywhere else in the game and it would be really cool to be a pink champion but it probably wouldn't stack up. So again, your statement is not supported.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
That is an example of fail logic. Just because you can't get something anywhere else doesn't mean you need to get it. For an extreme example, if there was an item that turned your champion pink for only 1337 gold, would you buy it? You sure can't get that ability anywhere else in the game and it would be really cool to be a pink champion but it probably wouldn't stack up. So again, your statement is not supported.
That's completely different, because turning your champion pink doesn't help them STAY ALIVE, which is the most important thing for any carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrTheZebra

Senior Member

04-09-2010

If you really want the reduction grab a 1440g cleanse/2 min, or even the summoner spell. Tristana doesn't really rely on any summoner spells, so it's not a big loss anywhere else.

Also I tend to take doran's shield everywhere I go. In the mid, it's awesome to out-regen your opponent and have more health for those "1v1" with the creeps smashing both sides. Side lanes it prevents over-aggressive deaths by adding a little armor and 120 health (I also run with 3 health quints, go figure).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YellowSnowsicle

Senior Member

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
That is an example of fail logic. Just because you can't get something anywhere else doesn't mean you need to get it. For an extreme example, if there was an item that turned your champion pink for only 1337 gold, would you buy it? You sure can't get that ability anywhere else in the game and it would be really cool to be a pink champion but it probably wouldn't stack up. So again, your statement is not supported.
Good strawman bro. If you're going to do it, make it less obvious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

04-09-2010

Things I have learned in the last 36 hours:
DS for solo
DB for top or bot
Cleanse + Zerkers or Flash + Mercs
Black Cleaver is terrible, go with LW

Buy Order:
Doran's + HP Pot
Boots or BF Sword (Depending on how long I can sit in the lane)
Boots or BF (Whichever I didn't buy first)
LW
Phage
IE
Mallet
???

ArP Reds
Dodge Yellows
Mp5/lvl Blues (Screw CDR, I have never found myself in want of CDR since I switched to Mp5/lvl.)
HP Quints

Change build order if I need to counter someone specific. (I got flamed because I didn't specifically mention that I will buy SotD if Jax is causing problems, and things of that nature. >.>)

/endthread

Thanks for the help, and thanks for turning my thread into a pretty funny flamewar. =D


123