Tristana and Doran's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

04-07-2010

As it stand right now, I always start with Doran's Blade and an HP Pot, solo or not. Is Doran's Shield a better option? I generally build very little LS as Trist, so I am partial to keeping that little bit of LS, especially as my build gets rolling. Just looking for some feedback from the community.

As a matter of note, my build looks like this:
Doran's Blade + HP Pot
BF Sword + R1 Boots or Zerkers or just BF Sword if I can't farm up to 2200G before I need to pill
Zerkers
Phage
Cleaver
Frozen Mallet
IE
... The game is still going? Phantom

ArP Reds
Dodge Yellows
CDR (I probably need MP5/lvl here) Blues
HP Quints

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

Shield's probably a better option considering lifesteal is terrible early game. (you do 50-odd damage. 4% is 2 hp per attack)

The extra damage is helpful for last-hitting, though >.>

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
As it stand right now, I always start with Doran's Blade and an HP Pot, solo or not. Is Doran's Shield a better option? I generally build very little LS as Trist, so I am partial to keeping that little bit of LS, especially as my build gets rolling. Just looking for some feedback from the community.

As a matter of note, my build looks like this:
Doran's Blade + HP Pot
BF Sword + R1 Boots or Zerkers or just BF Sword if I can't farm up to 2200G before I need to pill
Zerkers
Phage
Cleaver
Frozen Mallet
IE
... The game is still going? Phantom

ArP Reds
Dodge Yellows
CDR (I probably need MP5/lvl here) Blues
HP Quints
berserker's greaves are probably the worst shoes you can buy, and i find phantom dancer's to be relatively useless on trist as well

right now it seems as if ur simply using the recommended items list in order :|
you have to adapt in games, maybe grabbing a sword of the Divine to counter jax
and merc treads in a CC heavy game

and Trist doesn't really need attack speed, she can do pretty well with Q

The Promise

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
berserker's greaves are probably the worst shoes you can buy, and i find phantom dancer's to be relatively useless on trist as well

right now it seems as if ur simply using the recommended items list in order :|
you have to adapt in games, maybe grabbing a sword of the Divine to counter jax
and merc treads in a CC heavy game

and Trist doesn't really need attack speed, she can do pretty well with Q
I've found her recommended items to be actually good with her. God forbid. =D I am aware that sometimes things need to change, don't treat me like I don't have over 550 games played. If you want me to post my build based on every team I see I will do so. >.>

Unless I need the CC reduction, I take Zerkers because I shy away from attack speed unless the game goes long enough to get me Phantom, and since I don't have MP5 blues I can't hit Q every time it's off CD. I rarely get to Phantom, TBH, and I rarely factor it into my build.

However, I am more interested in Shield/Blade discussion, not my pverall build. I posted it since someone might want to take it into consideration in the Doran's decision.

xahhfink6

04-07-2010

well, if you are on a side lane you may be better off with the doran's blade because it will allow you to harass slightly better and you should have an easier time auto-attacking minions (letting you lifesteal more) but if you are going mid, dorans shield is a far better item as the hp regen will be giving you more than the lifesteal, and the defense protects you from enemy and minion damage

voorn

04-07-2010

Shield always. The 4% LS is useless especially since you should not be pushing the lane, just last hitting. And if you get heavily pressured you won't be able to attack enough to make the 4% worthwhile either.

The Promise

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
well, if you are on a side lane you may be better off with the doran's blade because it will allow you to harass slightly better and you should have an easier time auto-attacking minions (letting you lifesteal more) but if you are going mid, dorans shield is a far better item as the hp regen will be giving you more than the lifesteal, and the defense protects you from enemy and minion damage
There it is. Something I can go on. Thanks a bunch man.

Hoodie Assassin

04-07-2010

Dorans shield +hp pot
zerker boots
BF sword -> IE
Zeal, Phage
Frozen mallet
Phantom

TraceurZIKA

04-07-2010

If u play smart, u wont need doran's blade or shield....thats just waste of money
I usually start with a boots of speed and 3 pots....
U need movement speed for ganking

Carados

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Unless I need the CC reduction, I take Zerkers because I shy away from attack speed
Take the Dodge boots then. The amount of attack speed on Zerkers is tiny. It's one of the worst items in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceurZIKA View Post
If u play smart, u wont need doran's blade or shield....thats just waste of money
I usually start with a boots of speed and 3 pots....
U need movement speed for ganking
Good luck ganking with low damage and no slows at level one.