Duncan MacLeod AKA Tryndamere!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cfuson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

Welcome to my Duncan MacLeod AKA Tyrndamere guide.

In this guild i will show you how to survive solo q games with Tryndamere.

First of all you should know that most people consider Tyrndamere to be underpowered, Sure he is at the begining of the game but as the game progresses he really starts to shine and in my opinion he is one of the best late game heroes. So if you are one of those players who are aggresive at lvl 1 Tryndamere is not for you. What tryndamere is good at is killing Squishy casters early game and chasing down champions who like to tower hug with low hp.

Put your first skill point into this then leave it alone. This will be your get out of jail free card, whenever someone is chasing you use this and your 2 -3 spaces away from them.

Spinning Slash: Tryndamere slices toward a target unit, dealing damage to enemies in his path.

Active: (Costs 40/50/60/70/80 Health) Tryndamere spins through his enemies, dealing 50% damage plus 60/105/150/195/240 damage to enemies in his path.

Max Bloodlust whenever you can this will keep you in your lane longer allowing you to farm better items.

Bloodlust: Tryndamere thrives on the thrills of combat. Whenever Tryndamere kills a unit he temporarily gains increased attack damage and critical strike damage.

Passive: Whenever Tryndamere critically strikes or kills a unit, he gains two (2) stacks of bloodlust when not affected and one (1) stack each kill or critical strike thereafter. Each stack of Bloodlust increases damage by 4.00 damage and critical strike damage by 1.5%/2.25%/3.0%/3.75%/4.5%.

Active: Tryndamere consumes his Bloodlusts, restoring 10/20/30/40/50 health per stack of Bloodlust.

Whenever your not maxing Bloodlust pump points into this as it will help you get those pesky runner's.

Mocking Shout: Tryndamere lets out an insulting cry, decreasing surrounding champions' physical damage. Enemies with their backs turned to Tryndamere also have their movement speed slowed.

Active: (Costs 25 Health) Decreases surrounding champions' physical damage by 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100, and enemies with their backs turned also have their movement speed slowed by 30% / 37.5% / 45% / 52.5% / 60%. Lasts 5 seconds.

Always get this skill when its up. Do you see that ryze with no mana tower hugging? Want to kill him yes? Run in use your Mocking Shout when he tries to run and beat on him till you get half hp from the tower hitting you. Pop your rage get the kill then Ghost/Cleanse and Spinning Slash out.

Undying Rage: Tryndamere's lust for battle becomes so strong that he is unable to die, no matter how wounded he becomes.

Active: Tryndamere becomes completely immune to death for 6 seconds, refusing to be reduced below 1 health. His abilities have no cost during this time and he gains 4 / 6 / 8 Bloodlust stacks.

Summoner Spells: Ghost/Cleanse seriously nothing will serve you better.

Masteries: 21/9/0 take all the offensive masteries and get the dodge and movespeed one in defensive tree.

Runes: I use Armor pen/Attack Speed/Crit Dmg but its personally prefrence really.

Items: In order to get.
Boots 1 + 3 HP pots
Averice Blade
Averice Blade
Averice Blade
Upgrade boots
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster

You wont be able to get all of these depending on your game but get them in that order. I know alot of you are thinking why 3 Averice Blade? With a good laneing Partner i can usually buy all 3 by the 15min mark and then the money starts rolling in its not even funny.

Early Game: Get Spinning Slash rank 1 and go to your lane. Hopefully u got a decent laneing partner that knows what he/she is doing. Most of the time you will be the main target in that lane as you are VERY Squishy early game and people can kill u in 4 or 5 hits so if anything just hug the tower and try not to feed. Remember Bloodlust should be your main priority skill so lvl it up as fast as you can.

Mid Game: now you should have 3 Averice Blades and it should be about 15-18 mins into the game. You should be critting for alot now and doing pretty well, maybe even gotten a couple of kills off tower huggers. So try and help your team gank or chase someone with low hp but play smart and dont FEED!

Late Game: You should have your boots Merc or Berserker , IE and PD. Now people will fear you as you will be critting for 1k each crit and its about 80% of the time. Start pushing with your team and get some turrents/inhibitors down. You should be good enough to carry your team depending on what champions the other team has.

Well Thx for reading my guide and i hope it helps some Tryndamere players. I would really love to see more out there with me!

P.S. Everytime you kill someone say this "There can only be one" hehehe.

Potions

04-07-2010

You have the descriptions for Bloodlust and Spinning slash in opposite positions. Just telling you because it could be confusing to new players.

Ship 0F Fools

04-07-2010

i prefer you substitute one avarice blade for a zeal which gives you the 3 attributes you need..
attack speed
Movement speed
critical strike
and it is only about 400 gold more

btw a very well tryn guide =)

AFKray

04-07-2010

Tryn guides with Avarice Blade's just seem to fail. The whole, let's sit it out for 25 minutes and hope they don't win before then strategy doesn't seem to work in high end play.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

Kush, you need to post a TT Trynd guide, that game was mind-blowing.

Cfuson

04-07-2010

Yeah i am by no means a High-Elo player but this works well for me in Solo Q's and i have been playing Tryndamere every since they released his new skin. Makes me think of Duncan Macleod from the highlander series if anyone actually got my P.S.

Kush you should release a guide i would love to try it out.

MurdokX

04-08-2010

hey this is a great guide for new tryn player on SR5v5! i agree with khizer on replacing one ava with zeal

Wuumaster

04-08-2010

I'd like to point out that a green Elixir could be quite a potent starting item if you have an appropriate lanemate. Attack Speed and Crit% plus Trynd's chickens can make early harassment from your partner lethal.