Emblem of Valour and Glacial Shroud

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chthulu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2010

Two fantastic items, loaded with potential, currently existing solely as intermediary components of fantastic items.

I would love to see some new recipes branch out involving them - diversify the field.

I know there are some new items in the making, the trio of new items on the Test Realm

(Randuin's Omen, Youmuu's Ghostblade, and the remade Haunting Guise) which, naturally, will require testing, and repeat testing, to fit snugly into the mix -

However; all of their components (Haunting Guise discluded) were something of dead-end items... I appreciate wanting to give them more uses, less inventory deadspace;

To me, though, it seems silly to leave two items in the game (Glacial Shroud and Emblem of Valour) which are pretty darn nifty, laden with potential, and essentially equally dead end (you can go one direction with them) without diversified builds...

Just putting it out there..

Emblem of Valour + the new Haunting Guise might make for some interesting scenarios...

I8C SRS FACE

04-07-2010

While we're at it, let's add Stinger to the mix.

I'm okay with where Emblem of Valor and Glacial Shroud are currently, though, i have to say. They are intermediaries of pretty pricey items.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

04-07-2010

Only having 1 upgrade path for a fairly useful early game item is kind of boring. It might be nice if you at least had some options in what your end game item is if you choose to go with a good item like Emblem or Glacial.

In the case of Emblem specifically, there are rather few lifesteal items anyway. need more variety imho.

TheGunslingerV

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthulu View Post
To me, though, it seems silly to leave two items in the game (Glacial Shroud and Emblem of Valour) which are pretty darn nifty, laden with potential, and essentially equally dead end (you can go one direction with them) without diversified builds...

Just putting it out there..

Emblem of Valour + the new Haunting Guise might make for some interesting scenarios...
Uhh does EoV not turn into Starks or am i going mad? So it does have a end game mix. Now the Glacial i was sure turned into another thing.. But i am not that shabby with AP or mana using items. Are you sayign you would like to see them used in more items? Or just cant remember what they do change into?

Drekke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunslingerV View Post
Uhh does EoV not turn into Starks or am i going mad? So it does have a end game mix. Now the Glacial i was sure turned into another thing.. But i am not that shabby with AP or mana using items. Are you sayign you would like to see them used in more items? Or just cant remember what they do change into?

He's saying that they only have one thing you can turn them into, he wants them to have more end game items that they turn into. Use Catalyst for an example, it's a good item that turns into 3? different things.

Chthulu

04-07-2010

Particularly in the case of Emblem of Valour, an item which, if people are not attentive or good communicators, multiple team mates might acquire;

and what a pain to, then, have to sell it off.

GG Crono

04-07-2010

I support this idea. Since people who might not necessarily want a Tooth might buy the new Stinger, it would be nice to have it upgrade into something else.

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

New Stinger + Mundo = Hax.

Then again, many things + Mundo are hax.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
New Stinger + Mundo = Hax.

Then again, many things + Mundo are hax.
Hey look, an ax pun. (yes, I know, he uses a Cleaver and not an Ax, but still...)