@Riot: Does Riot read these forums?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SOSBASED420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenSIut4Christ View Post
Ignorant post, yes people are being banned, but for the wrong reasons. Read a little please.
I bet I could get reported in game for calling your post ignorant, probably banned too.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Report everyone in every game, prove the system is flawed, force Riot to take down tribunal and handle harassment themselves.

megachamp

06-22-2011

on the contrary this game is incredibly flawed. Riot bends to the need of bad players all the time, like you just saw with this new patch when they nerfed eve. A char that is countered on every pro game i have ever seen, but because she destroys nubs she is now useless with no stun.

It is flawed on that it caters to the whole community rather than the experianced players. Making the game extremely unrewarding after getting past lvl 30 and losing to a vlads and jarvans that can carry their team every game with very little skill required.

In the defense of the tribunal, because the game is so flawed and you should not take it seriously, there is no excuse for trolling. Cases on the tribunal r pretty clear cut, and when they arn't its easy to tell.

megachamp

06-22-2011

u guys should use it first, or watch the tutorial. I was originally in the same position.

Don Kobra

06-22-2011

DotA2 willl crush this game.

SOSBASED420

06-22-2011

I have used it, I probably contributed to banning a couple of people stacking Zeals and Boots of Mobility, a couple of people spamming the N-Word or F**k, people leaving and afking. Did I punish anyone carrying their team that got flagged for verbal abuse for throwing around a few harmless insults? Nope.

megachamp

06-22-2011

dota 2 might not get off the ground. Because so many of the creators have split the name dota could be trade marked by riot or S2 games. Without being able to claim that name its future looks murky.

Additionally there will be similar support systems like the tribunal if it becomes available.

Olera144

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenSIut4Christ View Post
This section of the forums is divided into two parts, people complaining about bugs; and people complaining about the "working" Tribunal system.

Yes, people that feed, use racial slurs, AFK, disconnect from the game in anger, harass/insult/hold ill feelings towards people with disabilities, gender orientations, and any other obscurity need to be banned.

However, being one of the many players who don't feel that their ban is justified, (50% of the posts in this forum give or take) There is obviously something wrong with the system, and that is that this is a Teen (13+) game, where chat is available to the enemy team. Now, why does Riot allow for communication between two teams playing against eachother if someone can be banned for calling someone a noob. (Verbal Harassment hurr durr).

This is the internet, and although white knights want to believe that they're justified in punishing players for using insults like "stop overextending noob.", or "call mia next time idiot." They simply are not, many times the players using these phrases are the ones contributing most to the game, buying skins and boosts and supporting Riot's new content.

That being said, I do not believe spending money on the game gives one a free pass to LOL I TROLL U U MAD BRO? HAHA U NOOB LOL WHY R U SO BAD? But knowing that this is the internet, and that we are playing a game for teens. How can you ban players for 3+ days for repeated minor insults like noob? or Idiot? Because someone is sensitive or feels that they're contributing in their ignorance by getting rid of competetive players who's vocabulary mirrors their higher level of skill, to an extent.

The Tribunal has just about killed this game for me, I've been banned twice, the first time for what is noted as intentional feeding. Which I have not EVER done before, meaning that players are smashing the punish button on the Tribunal page for false reports from this game's fragile playerbase.

That is all, I hope that Riot sees this thread and takes some consideration into their system.
There's a 3rd though, the ones zealously white knighting the system don't forget them.

You say (later) that you have contributed to the potential banning of one or more intentional feeder and racist from our fair game. Tell me this, are most of the "verbal abuse" cases you come across really that tame? I'm not going to punish someone for the occasional idiot or noob (though I still think there are alternative ways of expressing yourself), but what I usually see is "you stupid f***ing noob. Why can't you learn to play the game you f***ing idiot. /all CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS IDIOT YI?" or something of the like. That is far more common than a noob or idiot a few times a game.

There is a difference between an occasional insult and a tirade of browbeating. The forum should be pardoned the latter punished in my opinion. The fact of whether he was doing well or not in the game makes no difference to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfef View Post
An Idea to stop the constant punish spamming, why not force the players judging to give their thoughts on why the player deserves to be punished or not. It would make the punish spamming go down imo.

Haha, just thought about that. It would make some people stop using the tribunal completely. Imagine if you had to write a minimum 20 words to submit a review, so many players would be too lazy to do that.
This is a terrible idea. EIther 1 Riot doesn't do that and I can write "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" or copy/paste some sentence from a random post or Riot does read it and you've just added some thousand+ probably (maybe more maybe less) sets of 20 words they have to read for every account they look at. This will only cause more work for Riot if implemented correctly and if not doesn't solve anything.

megachamp

06-22-2011

a bad troll is a bad troll. nobody likes playing with somebody who wont shut up. Maybe you should just mute urself so u dont have anything to worry about, if u got banned for it.

but samzees I don't vote to punish people who don't deserve it.

megachamp

06-22-2011

holy **** stop quoting people, do u just like to spam the forums, cause nobody reads that BS.