@Riot: Does Riot read these forums?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SOSBASED420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

This section of the forums is divided into two parts, people complaining about bugs; and people complaining about the "working" Tribunal system.

Yes, people that feed, use racial slurs, AFK, disconnect from the game in anger, harass/insult/hold ill feelings towards people with disabilities, gender orientations, and any other obscurity need to be banned.

However, being one of the many players who don't feel that their ban is justified, (50% of the posts in this forum give or take) There is obviously something wrong with the system, and that is that this is a Teen (13+) game, where chat is available to the enemy team. Now, why does Riot allow for communication between two teams playing against eachother if someone can be banned for calling someone a noob. (Verbal Harassment hurr durr).

This is the internet, and although white knights want to believe that they're justified in punishing players for using insults like "stop overextending noob.", or "call mia next time idiot." They simply are not, many times the players using these phrases are the ones contributing most to the game, buying skins and boosts and supporting Riot's new content.

That being said, I do not believe spending money on the game gives one a free pass to LOL I TROLL U U MAD BRO? HAHA U NOOB LOL WHY R U SO BAD? But knowing that this is the internet, and that we are playing a game for teens. How can you ban players for 3+ days for repeated minor insults like noob? or Idiot? Because someone is sensitive or feels that they're contributing in their ignorance by getting rid of competetive players who's vocabulary mirrors their higher level of skill, to an extent.

The Tribunal has just about killed this game for me, I've been banned twice, the first time for what is noted as intentional feeding. Which I have not EVER done before, meaning that players are smashing the punish button on the Tribunal page for false reports from this game's fragile playerbase.

That is all, I hope that Riot sees this thread and takes some consideration into their system.

Falleng0d

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Who knows if they read it or not, but they dont respond usually. There is so much spam on these forums and the design/features are pretty bad, I dont blame them for not looking at it often. This is perhaps the most primitive forum in terms of features I have been on in, maybe forever.

I do agree though, some flaws in this system are becoming apparent. People seem to be getting banned instantly for saying any type of negativity or smack talk, and for single offenses. I never believed that this is what the game was going towards and riot had said everyone would receive warnings first. Im not seeing any warnings.....

I do believe people should be banned for being excessive a--holes, or verbal abuse, racism, etc, but some people seem to get banned, without warning, for telling people they are bad or have bad builds, it is very bizarre. Mild smack talk comes with any game, so if they are trying to prevent any negativity (on the internet) in a game like this, they are fighting a losing battle.

I thought the tribunal was going to weed out the obvious and excessive instances of rule breakers and people aiming to obviously ruin the gaming experience, but this system seems to ban anyone for anything.

SOSBASED420

06-22-2011

Perfect response, this is what Riot needs to see, dedicated mature players venting about their flawed system. Thanks.

PrunePOP

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenSIut4Christ View Post
This section of the forums is divided into two parts, people complaining about bugs; and people complaining about the "working" Tribunal system.

Yes, people that feed, use racial slurs, AFK, disconnect from the game in anger, harass/insult/hold ill feelings towards people with disabilities, gender orientations, and any other obscurity need to be banned.

However, being one of the many players who don't feel that their ban is justified, (50% of the posts in this forum give or take) There is obviously something wrong with the system, and that is that this is a Teen (13+) game, where chat is available to the enemy team. Now, why does Riot allow for communication between two teams playing against eachother if someone can be banned for calling someone a noob. (Verbal Harassment hurr durr).

This is the internet, and although white knights want to believe that they're justified in punishing players for using insults like "stop overextending noob.", or "call mia next time idiot." They simply are not, many times the players using these phrases are the ones contributing most to the game, buying skins and boosts and supporting Riot's new content.

That being said, I do not believe spending money on the game gives one a free pass to LOL I TROLL U U MAD BRO? HAHA U NOOB LOL WHY R U SO BAD? But knowing that this is the internet, and that we are playing a game for teens. How can you ban players for 3+ days for repeated minor insults like noob? or Idiot? Because someone is sensitive or feels that they're contributing in their ignorance by getting rid of competetive players who's vocabulary mirrors their higher level of skill, to an extent.

The Tribunal has just about killed this game for me, I've been banned twice, the first time for what is noted as intentional feeding. Which I have not EVER done before, meaning that players are smashing the punish button on the Tribunal page for false reports from this game's fragile playerbase.

That is all, I hope that Riot sees this thread and takes some consideration into their system.
I like your post. It seems like Riot doesnt care, and thats why they allow this FLAWED system to stay in place. The game is 13+ and i dont see why people act like 10 year olds and report you for calling them a noob. This game wont last as DOTA has, Dota was a game on a BLIZZARD support system and noobs cant get banned for stupid things like you can here.

Riot will have to fix this system or the game will crash.

RiddleMeDat

Recruiter

06-22-2011

no..they don't give a fuxk!

Vfef

06-22-2011

An Idea to stop the constant punish spamming, why not force the players judging to give their thoughts on why the player deserves to be punished or not. It would make the punish spamming go down imo.

Haha, just thought about that. It would make some people stop using the tribunal completely. Imagine if you had to write a minimum 20 words to submit a review, so many players would be too lazy to do that.

SnafuFubar

06-22-2011

Seeing people post about getting banned just confirms that the Tribunal is working as intended.

SimplyAlive

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrunePOP View Post
I like your post. It seems like Riot doesnt care, and thats why they allow this FLAWED system to stay in place. The game is 13+ and i dont see why people act like 10 year olds and report you for calling them a noob. This game wont last as DOTA has, Dota was a game on a BLIZZARD support system and noobs cant get banned for stupid things like you can here.

Riot will have to fix this system or the game will crash.
The system isn't flawed, you just think it is. You don't agree with Riots rules, therefore banning people for mild offences is a 'flawed' system.

SOSBASED420

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
The system isn't flawed, you just think it is. You don't agree with Riots rules, therefore banning people for mild offences is a 'flawed' system.
Congratulations ignoring everything everyone has said so far in this thread, Riot's rules are being used by this game's sensitive playerbase and ruining the game for people who like a bit of competetiveness. Verbal abuse should not imply meaningless insults like noob on an online video game rated T for teen.

SOSBASED420

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnafuFubar View Post
Seeing people post about getting banned just confirms that the Tribunal is working as intended.
Ignorant post, yes people are being banned, but for the wrong reasons. Read a little please.