[Guide] Jax, Let's play leap flog!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belgskuh

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel Dijerek View Post
Pretty solid build, though some things look odd to me:

A) Why Leviathan? Yes, it feeds Atma's, but it doesn't seem like a good choice to me, even as a champion that does winmore items as well as Jax. I can see plenty of choices that would probably work better in that slot.

B) Maybe I'm missing something, but the masteries don't seem to pop up. I can make a pretty good guess anyway, but I just wanted to note that.

C) Why Ignite? Exhaust seems more useful for FB if used correctly, since it sets the target up for more hits from you and your partner, why should cause more damage than ignite easily, as well as discouraging counterattacking from a good amount of heroes. Is it because of the extra AP you get from it being on cooldown?

D) Any reason in particular you're taking the Blade over the Shield or Ring? The lifesteal is pretty much neglible. The damage is obviously nice, but does it compensate for the added tankiness/ability spam?

Regardless, this is a very nice combination, and solid in most situations even before taking the enemy team into account. Good job!

When you have frozen mallet you don't need exhaust

I tried the built, but this time I still only got to frozen mallet sigh.
And didn't even get to use it cuz we just killed nexus right after I got it lol.
But I do think im gonna keep getting vamp sceptre, I had to town really often just for more health cause of not enough lifesteal=/
Im gonna keep trying the other stuff though. I like having huge hp hehe.
My own built generates a lot more attack power but I can see this working better in teamfights so I think Im sticking with this + a few minor changes I mentioned above:P

Adel Dijerek

04-07-2010

Yes, but the road to the mallet is a very long one. You need to get Guinsoo's as early as possible, and sacrificing a little edge later on (and not even that if your opponent Flashes to escape) for a better start is a good trade in most cases.

Belgskuh

04-07-2010

Just had a game that lasted 41 mins, I had everything except bloodthirster.

I was running with 4.3k hp with 20 stacks on lev. Was really funny, my team didn't have a tank so I was playing half like a tank. Destroying there turret with there Sivir on me and just being able to ignore him cause of my huge hp xD.

My attack power was still 278. Which isn't bad and is good enough to kill, even late game. And with frozen mallet noone of em were able to escape once I hit them^^ was sweet xD.

This built definatly rules on SR, but for TT it could use a few tweaks.

Thx for sharing

Wasabi no Jutsu

Recruiter

04-07-2010

Shouldn't you just stack Sword of the Occult instead of Atma's?

at 4k health, you'll be doing only 2% of your max health
which you listed as 4000. the 2% is only 80 damage.

while at 20 occult stacks, you'll not only do around 100 damage,
but you'll benefit from the passive [hp multiplier]
and the 15% movement bonus.
--

I agree with your rune build though.
i have max red armor pens,
max yellow dodge
but max blue magic penn instead of cools because it helps beginning game leaps.

---
now people need to make an op TT build.

Adel Dijerek

04-07-2010

IIRC, Atma's provokes an infinite loop with Jax's pasive, which means your new damage feeds your HP, which feeds the damage, which feeds the HP, which...you know the rest. This means more damage thank you think, since it recalculates until it simply can't anymore.

vvolfster

04-07-2010

Good build overall. I prefer rylai's because of more damage. Also, this build leaves you very susceptible to sword of the divine & madred combo. Trust me, that hurts Jax a lot on ranged characters. Better to get Banshees than levi. Or Abyssal Scepter or something of the sort.

Kavanah

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvolfster View Post
Good build overall. I prefer rylai's because of more damage. Also, this build leaves you very susceptible to sword of the divine & madred combo. Trust me, that hurts Jax a lot on ranged characters. Better to get Banshees than levi. Or Abyssal Scepter or something of the sort.
Yeah so far I've found the AP jax with banshee's to be pretty darn good. Better than I do with any AD build.

I will try very soon, A dorans blade>tabi>guinsoo>bf>bf>atmas build. I'll turn a bf into bloodthirster, and the other to infiniti if game last long enough.

But you are right, ranged with madreds, especially silv, rips jax apart!

SageMode

04-08-2010

Just a heads up given the new patch I'm going to be testing this build again maybe making some adjustments for the damage lost. ill edit the original post with updates.

uPraTe6

04-08-2010

Only AP ratios have been changed, nothing else.. Also i really like Doran's shield better, it gives u a nice health regen, HP and some defense! It's very good for staying in lane.

SageMode

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by uPraTe6 View Post
Only AP ratios have been changed, nothing else.. Also i really like Doran's shield better, it gives u a nice health Regen, HP and some defense! It's very good for staying in lane.

i think it really depends on how well you know how to play him and when to push pull back and when to unleash early. i prefer the blade over the shield your still gaining hp from it on top of the 120 because of the passive. and i find although its a small amount of AD it does help someone new to the guide or to jax in general i can see using shield though until they have a nitch for being more offensive "successfully" early on.

my last game post patch i was 16/6/6 and almost finished the build at 32 mins in so it is still working.

DO NOT FORGET when your lane is pushed out keep map awareness for when your team needs you in fights otherwise you should be in other lanes or fighting neutrals farming. don't over extend but also don't be afraid to be out there you have flash and a aoe stun flash over terrain and escape if you need to but you need to be farming.