What do you think of Yorick

Yorick is overpowered 37 5.45%
Yorick is perfectly balanced 45 6.63%
Yorick is slightly underpowered, needing a minion buff 272 40.06%
Yorick is complete garbage and utter trash. 325 47.86%
Voters: 679. You may not vote on this poll

Yorick, complete garbage.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forge

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post

1)q does speed up without the pet being out, i know because i use it to get to my lane faster all the time. actually this might be a bug.
It does not. I just checked in a practice game. The speed boost only happens after the ghost is spawned.

Poisonedwell

06-23-2011

I KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS YORICK PROBLEM!!:

STEP 1: Que dodge

STEP 2: ........

STEP 3: PROFIT! ; D

InsertTactic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

The ghouls die to fast,which make the passive and effects they cause pointless.Any aoe attack can take them out in teamfight simple. The utlimate seem nice, but the losing 10% hp per sec make it really impossible to be of any use when they camp the died corpse. Mana isn't really a promblem if use [w] as way to finish off minons and scare away enemies(although it pointless to use it to attack them since it'll most likely die within 1 shot). They should increase surviability of ghoul either timer wise(5 sec to 10 when max?), so there effects actually provide some use.

Krylok

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulharvest View Post
Right now I've done like 5 custom games with him, testing different runes, masteries and item builds. I understand that I still need to try him in real matches and that I still need more matches to get used to playing with/against different team comps. but what I've found has worked best is giving him offensive masteries (don't take sorcery, instead put points into Archmage's savvy and fill up crit chance, ability power, attack speed, armor pen, AD, attack damage, and Havoc). I put one point into cripple for exhaust. I gave him crit chance, magic resist per level, mana regen/5 per level, and your choice of some sort of defense rune for masteries. I build him so that his physical damage is increased. I think that the two most important items for him are hextech gunblade and spirit visage, and then going into lich bane for a big boost of damage. I'm still not sure which boots would go best for him. I build him like a hybrid (sort of) with some emphasis on attack damage and either armor or magic resist depending on what you're facing. I use ghost and exhaust.
I use either ghost and clarity or exhaust and clarity as my summoner spells. Also, he doesn't really need AP, seeing as his skill depend on AD, so i think sorcery would be better for him. But otherwise, i used the same masteries as you. Im planning on trying defensive masteries though, to see how they work for him. And instead of lich bane, i make trinity force, for the same reason as i dont take archmages savvy. Spirit visage works well with his E, but i've gone for starks fervor or bloodthirster for lifesteal.

Krylok

06-23-2011

And for the people saying they cant farm with him, learn how to last hit minions. It should make your lives a lot easier instead of just auto attacking and hoping to get the creep.

Krylok

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightninghawk View Post
If you guys think hes complete trash, I can prove your wrong. Look on my profile in game. I have 10 kills and over each game with yorick. You guys just dont know how to play the champion since hes new >.>.
Are you on US or EU?? I want to see how similar our builds are.

Krylok

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
it is an insta speed buff you move faster when you press q

w is not trash it has pretty long range and it is good harass, you can also use it to check bushes.

e is alright imo this is his lack luster spell

his ult is pretty strong especially if you use the ult on a strong auto attacker in team fights or to take down towers

he is just veru mana costly in the beginning
Actually, his E is pretty good. I've used it to save my ass a lot of times, even when i've been below 100 hp.

lbgsloan

06-23-2011

I for one am completely shocked that yet another hyped 'pet' hero turned out to...not be a pet hero. I figured he was going to be something like the Beastmaster from Warcraft 3; the hero himself doesn't do much but he has multiple pets to provide his damage and utility. Turns out the pets last two seconds and Yorick is basically left with right-clicking to do anything. I held off, because I can wait two more weeks to see if he's worthwhile. My friend was not so lucky and burned ~77 games worth of IP on a clearly untested design.

Oh well, I'd rather he be UP and go unused for a while than be another Rumble or Vayne. Hopefully the new tank will not be quite so useless.

Krylok

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I for one am completely shocked that yet another hyped 'pet' hero turned out to...not be a pet hero. I figured he was going to be something like the Beastmaster from Warcraft 3; the hero himself doesn't do much but he has multiple pets to provide his damage and utility. Turns out the pets last two seconds and Yorick is basically left with right-clicking to do anything. I held off, because I can wait two more weeks to see if he's worthwhile. My friend was not so lucky and burned ~77 games worth of IP on a clearly untested design.

Oh well, I'd rather he be UP and go unused for a while than be another Rumble or Vayne. Hopefully the new tank will not be quite so useless.
I'm sorry, but 77 games worth of IP??? I saved up enough IP playing about 2-3 matches a day for about 2 weeks (these matches include my wins of the day), which comes up to around 28-42 matches. Also, he's not that useless. He's actually a decently hard hero to kill, thanks mainly due to his W and E. I've had entire teams chase after me and start swearing at me when they weren't able to catch me. In fact, the only team i remember not having a hard time catching me was one with Kass in it. And he also deals a pretty good amount of damage, especially if you go for a damage havey build, with only a few tank items.

Oh, and i distinctly remember reading a mod or staff member posting that he would NOT be a pet hero in one of the preview post forums.

Splitcart

06-23-2011

I think it's been said before, but I'm almost positive that his minions don't give gold (but yes, they are surprisingly squishy). I played a 3v3 against a Yorick as Akali and he kept summoning a ghoul from over a wall, I would just Q+autoattack it and it would die, but I never once got gold for it.

Remember when people were like "Ghouls will have a % of Yoricks max health" "WOAH GIVE THAT TO HEIMERDINGER IT WILL MAKE HIS TURRETS SO GOOOOOD"
Do Heimer players still want turrets to be as durable as these ghouls?

Also, completely seperate from his effectiveness in a fight; I HATE how his ult minions health bar looks the exact same as a champions health bar. Yes, I can tell which is which, but it makes the act of simply clicking on the correct target far more difficult than it should be in a close-up skirmish with lots of people and summons running around.