What do you think of Yorick

Yorick is overpowered 37 5.45%
Yorick is perfectly balanced 45 6.63%
Yorick is slightly underpowered, needing a minion buff 272 40.06%
Yorick is complete garbage and utter trash. 325 47.86%
Voters: 679. You may not vote on this poll

Yorick, complete garbage.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immë

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

I agree he's pretty weak at the moment, Riot wanted to make tanky dps balanced in a way where they have to choose one or the other, not tank and kill. They said that they reduced base damage on a lot of skills and increased scaling to help with this, well Yorick's scaling is complete garbage and even if you do build tank, you have no actual cc or survival to keep your team alive. Imo he needs his ghouls to last a lot longer and his AD scaling increased by a large amount.

SnowFlame oh yea

06-23-2011

I find his early game to be alright not amazing but alright. Later on if feels like I'm not even a team member in fights. While i do think a buff is needed for his minions (health and duration) he needs either more damage or his W to hard stun for 1.5-2 seconds.

Lightninghawk

06-23-2011

Umm, in my oppinion Yorick dominates late game. His minions just need a 3 second longer duration, and rather 25% health per second make it 15% health per second. I also believe his ulti need a 5 second duration. Based off my match history I would say hes very good.

AstroCat

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSirk View Post
His summons die too soon, and can be killed easily by any champion/turret.

His Q need a remake, he should have an insta-speed buff, the damage bonus is fine.

His W is trash, should have a slow zone like Trundle.

I like his E, but like I said, his summons die too soon.

And his ult is just trash, Riot should remake it.
it is an insta speed buff you move faster when you press q

w is not trash it has pretty long range and it is good harass, you can also use it to check bushes.

e is alright imo this is his lack luster spell

his ult is pretty strong especially if you use the ult on a strong auto attacker in team fights or to take down towers

he is just veru mana costly in the beginning

Taskun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
it is an insta speed buff you move faster when you press q

w is not trash it has pretty long range and it is good harass, you can also use it to check bushes.

e is alright imo this is his lack luster spell

his ult is pretty strong especially if you use the ult on a strong auto attacker in team fights or to take down towers

he is just veru mana costly in the beginning
1) Q is not an instant speed buff. It only procs the speed buff while the ghost is alive, which you MUST attack something to trigger the summon.

2) W has no range to facecheck brush. The range that you need to cast it head on is close enough to get jumped. Only mid side brush or corner brush is usefull where you can use it over a ledge or the peek a corner you don't have LoS on.

3) E is useless. The minion dies too fast to give any healing benefit. The amount of the heal is trashy considering its magic damage scaling off of AD from ITEMS only (your base damage i.e from levels/pots/buffs ect don't count). Then it only gives 50% heal for the damage it actually deals. The mana cost isn't worth such a low heal. Better to save your mana for a W on laning creeps.

4) His ult is VERY circumstantial. Most people don't understand how it works and I usually have to explain it EVERY single game. The player immediately gets focus fired. Having the health tick down per second is ALSO useless as it encourages an instant redeath. This serves as a purpose of eating cooldowns on an already dying teammate. There are better ults in the game that characters are known for.The revenant is first target for turrets regardless of which teammate is attacking someone under the cannon.

Overall, you really haven't played an even match with him where you weren't fed or carried. In those situations Yorick is a severe drain on his team as a useless slot. He has no real laning ability against a good aggresive ranged team.

Play Yorick in enough games before you give him a real evaluation.

SC N3RF5K1LLPLZ

06-23-2011

I just think he have a big

HI FOLLOW ME I GIVE CANDIES!!!!! wrote in is face

he giving to much gold to ennemy team and do it to fast

he really have too low magic resist to be even be considerated as a TANKY

I farmed with him a lot, got a 100% full build (farmed jungle since farming lane is stupid he give too much gold to ennemy) and I felt like then even full builded even a soraka could had 1v1d me

AstroCat

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskun View Post
1) Q is not an instant speed buff. It only procs the speed buff while the ghost is alive, which you MUST attack something to trigger the summon.

2) W has no range to facecheck brush. The range that you need to cast it head on is close enough to get jumped. Only mid side brush or corner brush is usefull where you can use it over a ledge or the peek a corner you don't have LoS on.

3) E is useless. The minion dies too fast to give any healing benefit. The amount of the heal is trashy considering its magic damage scaling off of AD from ITEMS only (your base damage i.e from levels/pots/buffs ect don't count). Then it only gives 50% heal for the damage it actually deals. The mana cost isn't worth such a low heal. Better to save your mana for a W on laning creeps.

4) His ult is VERY circumstantial. Most people don't understand how it works and I usually have to explain it EVERY single game. The player immediately gets focus fired. Having the health tick down per second is ALSO useless as it encourages an instant redeath. This serves as a purpose of eating cooldowns on an already dying teammate. There are better ults in the game that characters are known for.The revenant is first target for turrets regardless of which teammate is attacking someone under the cannon.

Overall, you really haven't played an even match with him where you weren't fed or carried. In those situations Yorick is a severe drain on his team as a useless slot. He has no real laning ability against a good aggresive ranged team.

Play Yorick in enough games before you give him a real evaluation.
ummm i think you should im already at 7 games with him.

1)q does speed up without the pet being out, i know because i use it to get to my lane faster all the time. actually this might be a bug.

2) w does have face check capabilities because if you put it on the tip on the brush the minion will walk if someone is there.
this imo is his best skill, it is aoe ranged damage and a potent slow, great in teamfights.

3) agreed here. it costs to much and doesnt do a whole lot. go level w and q instead.

4) and the ult is a mordekaiser ult clone now, they hotfixed it.

im still not done giving an evaluation, i never said i was.

btw for people who are having mana problems, grab a meki and build it to chalice. and dont spam like crazy cause thats just dumb.

also it isnt just about being fed or carried. it is what you can do to help the team win. it is a 5v5 game.

Dilusiun

06-23-2011

Not much really needs to be said. If he wasn't UP there clearly wouldn't be so many posts saying so. I thought that maybe I had not given him enough playtime but as I watched some pro streams last night I noticed that every time he was mentioned they referred to him as garbage. He clearly needs a buff. Just have to wait and see what happens and play another champ until then.

Blackthorn

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightninghawk View Post
If you guys think hes complete trash, I can prove your wrong. Look on my profile in game. I have 10 kills and over each game with yorick. You guys just dont know how to play the champion since hes new >.>.

Who are you facing to get scores like this? Once in a while you may see a fed yi or tryn or ranged carry pull this off but Yorick nah way. Record a game I wanna see this in action cause your builds are no different than any that most have tried and you're making 21 kills in a 5v5 game. In fact you are the ONLY one I have seen with scores like this.

Nokkturnal

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilusiun View Post
Not much really needs to be said. If he wasn't UP there clearly wouldn't be so many posts saying so. I thought that maybe I had not given him enough playtime but as I watched some pro streams last night I noticed that every time he was mentioned they referred to him as garbage. He clearly needs a buff. Just have to wait and see what happens and play another champ until then.
US Pro Streams I take it. They are also the same ones who never played Rumble and thought he was mediocre at best. Its EU that got Rumble nerfed. I wouldn't put all your faith in pro-gamers, they cry UP about champs they aren't good with/dont like to play just like the rest of us.