What do you think of Yorick

Yorick is overpowered 37 5.45%
Yorick is perfectly balanced 45 6.63%
Yorick is slightly underpowered, needing a minion buff 272 40.06%
Yorick is complete garbage and utter trash. 325 47.86%
Voters: 679. You may not vote on this poll

Yorick, complete garbage.

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulharvest View Post
Right now I've done like 5 custom games with him, testing different runes, masteries and item builds. I understand that I still need to try him in real matches and that I still need more matches to get used to playing with/against different team comps. but what I've found has worked best is giving him offensive masteries (don't take sorcery, instead put points into Archmage's savvy and fill up crit chance, ability power, attack speed, armor pen, AD, attack damage, and Havoc). I put one point into cripple for exhaust. I gave him crit chance, magic resist per level, mana regen/5 per level, and your choice of some sort of defense rune for masteries. I build him so that his physical damage is increased. I think that the two most important items for him are hextech gunblade and spirit visage, and then going into lich bane for a big boost of damage. I'm still not sure which boots would go best for him. I build him like a hybrid (sort of) with some emphasis on attack damage and either armor or magic resist depending on what you're facing. I use ghost and exhaust.

Tried this offensive build in a normal game. I killed annie by luck rest of the time I was focused down and had a 58 creep kill score due to being zoned from yi and jax early game. I did better with a defensive tree build and runes but nuked out by any mage worth a grain of salt. Building any sort of armor/magic resist item cuts his attack down by a lot since it doesn't scale great on any of his spells. Also to mention with him putting out most damage from ad and his spells doing magic damage it's hard to decide armor pen or magic pen.

Harvester

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovet View Post
Tried this offensive build in a normal game. I killed annie by luck rest of the time I was focused down and had a 58 creep kill score due to being zoned from yi and jax early game. I did better with a defensive tree build and runes but nuked out by any mage worth a grain of salt. Building any sort of armor/magic resist item cuts his attack down by a lot since it doesn't scale great on any of his spells. Also to mention with him putting out most damage from ad and his spells doing magic damage it's hard to decide armor pen or magic pen.
I build him as a melee first off because his page doesn't say he is a mage or a caster. It says he is a pusher, fighter, melee. I figured it would be best to invest in AD because according to his passive, his minions deal damage based on his attack damage. Thus once you are tanky enough, your ghouls will be able to deal decent damage despite their liimited lifespan. I think that his Omen of Famine scales well with an AD build. Also it will give you more health since it will be able to deal more damage beyond the initial cast because only its first hit/your cast scales with AP; the damage it deals afterwards is based on his AD.

soylent

06-22-2011

Yorick is completely useless. He gets outfarmed so easy and his minions do like 0 damage, especially to tanky enemies. Plus the fact that those minions only last like 2 seconds makes it even worse.
The ulti is a complete waste at the moment, because every single "revived" ally simply ran away, thinking he is still alive. So yea, I was basically useless all the time, he sux at early laning phase, because he is lacking the mana and in the endgame he has absolutely no burst or any damage at all.
Want my money back...

Nokkturnal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

I wish your overall record and stats were shown on forum posts. It would be funny to see how many of these people complaining that he is terrible are indeed just terrible players. I have not even seen Yorick yet it just seems that people who are unable to comprehend how to play a champion usually make these posts on day 1. Take Rumble for instance, over the half the posts on his first day were that he sucked really bad.

Zalenoth

06-22-2011

no way people thought rumble was TOO op. They're barely getting to a lil nerf for him that's not even bad..

Yorick on the other hand im excited to get on and play against one (would've been him if all these posts were a lil better about him)

time to have fun with good ol' new GP

Hamterball

06-22-2011

He is so weak and slow. I think his minions need serious buffs, the slow should be more and last longer and minions should stay alive for at least 10 seconds.

Murph McMorphwiz

06-22-2011

I agree that Yorick is incredibly UP right now. I still wouldn't call him complete "garbage" though...that's taking it a bit too far. I'm sure they'll have a quick patch to do something about it. Ne needs those buffs though.

needs it.

CJBulldogs

06-22-2011

First time i went 9/2/23 on a champion and felt like i was the one being carried by everyone else. Even ridiculously fed I felt very weak using him and I believe almost all of my kills were more just last KS's then anything else. I had Trinity/Atmas/Sunfire/BVeil/Spirit Visage/Mercs about 28 mins in and still was struggling at DPSing Soft Carries down that had no Armor/MR There's a prob when your fed and still feel weak, Buff minions/scaling/base dmg on Q etc................Nasus Q >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yoricks Q

heav3nshallburn

06-22-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=881667
not a troll thread, honest Idea's, feel free to put constructive posts.

PastrySandwich

06-22-2011

Love everyone's opinion after 1/2 a day of playing him...

12345678 ... 11