Rate my AP Nidalee item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

04-06-2010

I think i'm getting the hang of nidalee, and i wanted to know whether the build i was using was effective or not.

Final build(not in order): http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/N...c4f0b660fb677f

Item Progression:
Start off with Doran's ring + 1 mana pot.
1. Rush ROA
2. Build Sheen
3. Build Tear/Boots of Swiftness
4. Build whatever not built in step 3
5. Guinsoos
6. Finish Lich Bane
7. Finish Archangel's staff

I use tear and archangels staff because in my experience nidalee's mana consumption rate is too fast for chalice to keep up with, so i'd rather have a large mana pool. In adittion, tear builds into archangel's staff which equals more AP which is always great.
what do you guys think? I say archangels can be substituted for a Banshee's Veil if i really need to, and Boots of Swiftness can be substituted for Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi depending on the enemy team makeup.

Killakiwi

04-06-2010

1. yuk
2. good
3. yuk yuk
4. ???
5. good
6. good
7 yuk

First items should be soulstealer/boots followed by lichbane and sorc boots.

Rylais is next and zhonyas.

Run elixer like 100% of the time, and focus on runes/ganks.

Cooldowns are what makes nidalee go round, so blue buff and elixer are key.

malphismia

04-06-2010

Hey cool build. I was looking for an AP build to try out, thanks!

I had a few questions:

1. Is it okay to skip doran's ring and go straight to building ROA?

2. Do you lose the tear's bonus mana pool after you build it into the archangel's staff?

waxxdd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Do you lose the tear's bonus mana pool after you build it into the archangel's staff?
You don't lose it, it carries over to the Staff. You also can't build 600 mana, then another 600 mana on the Staff. They are the same passive.

Pwnacus Maximus

04-07-2010

I hate using active snowball items like mejais, because i always do something stupid and lose half my stacks. i'd rather use items that allow me to mess up and still return at full power for the next fight.

So instead i get ROA, and it gives me more health to survive with.

Charmicarmicarmicat

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killakiwi View Post
1. yuk
2. good
3. yuk yuk
4. ???
5. good
6. good
7 yuk

First items should be soulstealer/boots followed by lichbane and sorc boots.

Rylais is next and zhonyas.

Run elixer like 100% of the time, and focus on runes/ganks.

Cooldowns are what makes nidalee go round, so blue buff and elixer are key.
This

Roa is silly, she is not mana dependant. Rylai is better.

Standard build:

Sheen
Mejai if dominating
Rageblade
Lichbane
Rylai's
Banshee's/Zhonya's/Spirit Visage
Spirit Visage/Zhonya's/Banshee

You could probably get away with rushing Rylai's if they have a lot of burst or heavy disables. For example, against Alistar and Annie(with ignite) being a squishy is not a good idea. At the very least, get an early catalyst.

K4hid

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
This

Roa is silly, she is not mana dependant. Rylai is better.

Standard build:

Sheen
Mejai if dominating
Rageblade
Lichbane
Rylai's
Banshee's/Zhonya's/Spirit Visage
Spirit Visage/Zhonya's/Banshee

You could probably get away with rushing Rylai's if they have a lot of burst or heavy disables. For example, against Alistar and Annie(with ignite) being a squishy is not a good idea. At the very least, get an early catalyst.
Wow it's exacly the build I do with my Nid.. Didnt get it from a guide, I've try a lot of stuff to finish with this build..

But I do it a little bit different.

Sheen
Boots (Mobility/Mercery)
Mejai if dominating
Rageblade (If the ennemy team have a lot of AP champ and mages I go for Lich Bane at this point, and I take Abyssal Scepter after Lich Bane)
Lichbane
I prefer Abyssal Scepter (Magic Resist + Lich Bane + mercery made you a very good tank against mages. You also get a lot of AP and magic resist recuded for the ennemy)
Frozen Heart (At this point, you resist a lot, add this with the CD reduced + blue boost.. you can pounce every 1.8 sec.. and if you have 20 stack with mejai.. just lol )
And finish with everything that can help.. I like Rylai for this, or Void, Zhonya, etc

Its a very effective build for being the carry.. I really like to play mid with this.

To be more clear:

Build I usualy do:

Sheen
Boots (Mobility)
Mejai
Rageblade
Lich Bane
Frozen Heart (Or Abyssal Scepter, depend on how the game is going)

And Build against High AP team:

Sheen
Boots (Mercery)
Mejai
Lich Bane
Abyssal Scepter
Frozen Heart (Or Rylai, depend)

Pwnacus Maximus

04-07-2010

how is ROA bad? it offers stats that nidalee needs, mana, AP, and most importantly HEALTH. without it, nidalee only had 1990 health, way too squishy for me.

Why would i pick Rylai's over ROA? roa is cheaper, adds more health and mana which rylai's does not. they offer the same amount of AP so it's a draw there.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-07-2010

RoA is fine, but generally you won't get it until at least 15 minutes into the game, and by then it'll take until 30 minutes to reach full stats. Hence why there are other ways to get AP quickly. For example, Rageblade on full stacks gives 93 AP and costs much less, while also benefiting your attack and attack speed for tower pushing. I'm aware it's part of your build, but you get it rather late compared to most people.
"Squishy" depends on the player. HP is nice, but survivability comes from smart play rather than straight item builds. Most Nidalee players don't rely heavily on HP items and focus more on output, thus it's generally not a huge problem. If problems persist, Banshee's Veil. Heck, Banshee's is quite standard late game due to the amount of burst damage around.

Same with mana. You're not heavily reliant on mana since you'll mainly be using heal/traps. Javelin is situational, and spamming it doesn't always help.
People may criticize me for this, but I run Clarity on my Nidalee. The short cooldown on it ensures that I rarely run out of mana, and if I don't need it I an pop it for a teammate during a push. Again, smart situational use of your abilities helps maximize your output.

Oddly enough, I used to do straight AP Nid with boots, RoA, Rylai's, Lich Bane and ended up with about 3.2k HP, then after a while I just felt that the build was lacking due to the massive cost required to farm up the items.
You're looking at about 9k total gold for lichbane/archangels/RoA.

Pwnacus Maximus

04-08-2010

Okay, so what can i do to replace ROA health wise? I like to sit at around 2.5-2.8k hp. I'm not the best player, and this amount of HP allows me to have a kind of cushion to help me survive when i make a mistake, and to absorb general harrassment. Many times i have gone into a fight and died(without any HP items), thinking that if i only had 300 or so more HP i would have survived.