Boots-less

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VerumVenari

06-22-2011

So, after crunching some numbers and messing around with various builds for Olaf, it occurred to me that, for what I was doing, it would be very possible to run him without any boots, but with dual phantom dancer. After checking over the wrest of the AD carries, this looks like it would work on all of them (unless an Ashe player REALLY wants more than 390 move without quints). As compared to the first PD (on 320 move), you lose about 1900 gold, but gain 35-55% AS, 30% crit, and drop from 442 move to 416, a decrease of 26. While this seems like something that you should only transition into late game, buying and selling boots early and mid for the better cheap move, I consider it a real possibility.

So, what are everyone's thoughts on this? Not sure of its viability, but it is certainly an interesting thought.

Everspace

06-22-2011

God no.

You have so many better items to build that give you better stats and contribute to your winning than 2 Phantom Dancers. That is so much gold it's not even funny.

Frit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Hey man, I always thought I was the only one to try this. But yea, there are many champs that can get away without having a set of boots, but Everspace is right, there's better items to replace the second phantom. :P

Everspace

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frit View Post
Hey man, I always thought I was the only one to try this. But yea, there are many champs that can get away without having a set of boots, but Everspace is right, there's better items to replace the second phantom. :P
Or better core items to get first. PD should not be built untill you have your AD or core item, it fills out your secondary stats.

Frozen Mallet is so smexy on Olaf....