Higher Elo champ Viability measuring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViceFielder

06-22-2011

Is there anyway to tell if a champ is viable for high elo games?

So far I've been buying champs I find fun, but I'm becoming a little worried about champ viability in ranked games as of lately.

I believe I do well in normal games, but even at starting ranked games the feel and flow seems to be different.

For instance, I bought ez recently. In normal games I find it very easy to own with. But being a skill shot champ (which is sort of make champs fun for me) I'm not sure how well he fares in ranked games (where people tend to be more evasive as far as skill shot goes).

Usually I can land shots consistently (playing Nida and Lux a lot lately), and Ez's 'Q' is so cheap mana wise, does so-so damage (early) and being quite fast is not a feat hitting it.

The two last champs I bought were Cass and Ez, but it sort of bugs me how I hardly ever see them in game. Are they bad?

Ipyrios

06-22-2011

Mainstream Champ viability is limited to the few champs that extremely excel in that particular role (e.g Annie,Anivia = AP Carry ; Alister = Tank/AP Damage) but when it all boils down to whether a champ is viable or not is up to the player.

If you excel at a particular champ and its synergy with your team is good then it shouldnt stop you from using that champ. It makes it even more interesting because your opponents wont know what to expect.

Draghinaazzo

06-22-2011

Well eve isn't viable anymore.

NotProEnough

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghinaazzo View Post
Well eve isn't viable anymore.
Eve was viable, ever?

Kuriii

06-22-2011

Every champion is viable depending on the team composition and metagame.