Gold Sharing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViceFielder

06-22-2011

So, when is it bad to starve the rest of your team gold? As in getting all killing blows and stuff?

HarisPiIton

06-22-2011

If you're going on a rampage in killing, it should be really easy for your teammates to free farm lanes. You shouldn't get a kazillion kills on Nunu obviously, but generally, blaming because a certain person "took too much kills" is generally bull****.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

When you play a champion that doesn't require all that much gold to be effective.

For example, if you're playing a support that isn't Soraka, you don't need all that many items to perform your role.
From what I can tell, the distribution of gold should go something like:
Carries>Tanks>Tanky DPS>Support. Of course, each champion is different and have their own builds that might require more money to be effective, but thats just a general rule.

ViceFielder

06-22-2011

Well, there were a few games (with release Vayne), after a bit of a headstart in early game, no one else would get kbs other than me. So, my friends income was all creeps, because in team fights would be all mine. Somehow we managed to lose. I ended that game 45/15/1, and it was kinda upsetting.

Enemy team realized they couldn't win teamfights, so they started pushing 3 lanes simultaneously (spell check? =P). I can't remember which champs they had but they were mowing creeps and denting turrets quite fast.

We tried having me go against solo (would get him killed but I didn't have the mobility to reach other lanes in time). My underfarmed team couldn't hold 2 on 2, and they did take w/e chances they could to end my killing sprees for large $$, even if it'd get some of them killed in the process.

Lately if I feel I have enough advantage over enemy team, I try to leave some kills for mates and it seems to work better o.O

FaerellG

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarisPiIton View Post
If you're going on a rampage in killing, it should be really easy for your teammates to free farm lanes. You shouldn't get a kazillion kills on Nunu obviously, but generally, blaming because a certain person "took too much kills" is generally bull****.
^This

People under estimate Assist gold.

As for minion gold. Let the carry have it usually...until they say they're comfortable with where they're at in comparison. Then let the tank have it.

That's my opinion at least. Tanks and supports usually starve themselves in favor of carries, so once mid-game rolls around and your carry has a decent lead, you should let your tank farm up so they can buy items to survive longer and thus tank longer.

Sykai

06-22-2011

I don't mind people KS me, because you still get a portion of the gold, half or less for assist. I remember playing with Orianna i was like 17/4/20 team didn't mind because i speed them up and Shockwave them for team kills. If your lacking gold and equip jungling a few mobs whenever you going from lane to lane and kill minions + Dragon (ward it)