Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] Burst-Mundo Goes Where He Pleases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poepli

04-07-2010

1.buy the toxic dr.mundo skin
2.follow this guide
3.own
4.make hulk jokes

Kritara

04-07-2010

Using Spirit Visage over Warmogs is purely a matter of playstyle. Spirit Visage is much more by the seat of your pants, but you also do more damage through Masochism. It provides better regeneration then Warmogs due to it's synergy to your ultimate and passive. However your also short 1.1k hp(fully farmed Warmogs) so it's easier to hit insane masochism AD hits.

Basically, if there's no other tank then Warmog is the better hoice, however f there's another tank then Spirir Visage is a lot more deadly.

Burbero

04-07-2010

this is good for dps oriented enemys but if u are against havy ap team what u can do?

Vindico Atrum

04-07-2010

Quote:
Burbero:
this is good for dps oriented enemys but if u are against havy ap team what u can do?

Cleaver like a f*cking madman, tank up to ****, by MR, THEN make the dancers sing.

Burbero

04-07-2010

if u replace 1 of that item u wil lose someting, so what u can lose?

dps build is
warmo/taddei/phanom/zeal/atma/executioner osts 12605 Gold

anti ap??
warmo/mercury/phantom/veil/atma/exe cots 14475 Gold

im using
stark/bersek/phantom/infinity/veil/atma 16065 Gold
when i get infinity i hit for 7xx 8xx evry target, stealing a nice healt i wil try that 1 u posted but i dont know if focus on evasion is a good choice,and the atk speed in your build is very slow, aniway mundo's problems are heavy caster not dps who can easy avoid with his superspeed.

EchoRex

04-07-2010

Quote:
Saberin:
Do you think it's viable to rush Spirit Visage and drop the Warmogs entirely? Maybe skip Atma's Impaler for an Infinity Edge or even a second Phantom Dancer?

SV is more viable than Warmog's, period.

Warmogs with Sadism running gives a grand total of ~25hp/sec more than a Spirit Visage buffed Sadism with no HP items. A grand total of next to nothing for two and a half times the price, while delaying your DPS items. Which means you delay becoming relevant.

Turn that money you spent on a Warmog's into a Spirit Visage and any other health item other than a Warmog's. Leviathan is the best choice for a quick build if you even come near team fights, Banshee's is a god send combined with a Spirit Visage and Merc Treads against an AP heavy team.

You will have better survivability from higher Sadism and mitigation values due to not wasting the gold on Warmog's.

Quote:
Burbero:

Spirit Visage, Boot Choice, Zeal, Negatron Cloak, Zeal, Vamp

Then:

SV, Boot Choice, Phantom, Banshee's, Zeal, Exec Calling

Then complete the second Phantom if you haven't face rolled them off the map already.
_

Zauren

04-07-2010

The difference between Spirit Visage and Warmog is how much HP you actually have. I am not saying Spirit Visage is not an amazing item; but this build is more quasi-tank, and focused on bursting down carries. It's difficult to do that with only base HP.

This is more an introductory guide to people who think Mundo is worthless. As such I'm erroring on the side of basic survivability. People trying to go straight zeals and then going to die immediately are not going to think Mundo is a useable hero.

As I said, IF you can make Spirit Visage work instead, by all means go for it. But in my opinion, Visage is more to make you Mundoize a lot quicker, but a highly charged Warmogs can make you more relevant in long games when you add in an Atmas. Mundo DOES cap in his effectiveness rather quickly with crit and attackspeed, which is why I was comfortable with a build where you tank early and hopefully start building up Zeals by the time there are 5v5s, when an HP Mundo is no longer useful.

Zauren

04-07-2010

Quote:

Warmogs with Sadism running gives a grand total of ~25hp/sec more than a Spirit Visage buffed Sadism with no HP items. A grand total of next to nothing for two and a half times the price, while delaying your DPS items. Which means you delay becoming relevant.

Turn that money you spent on a Warmog's into a Spirit Visage and any other health item other than a Warmog's. Leviathan is the best choice for a quick build if you even come near team fights, Banshee's is a god send combined with a Spirit Visage and Merc Treads against an AP heavy team.

You will have better survivability from higher Sadism and mitigation values due to not wasting the gold on Warmog's.

Spirit Visage, Boot Choice, Zeal, Negatron Cloak, Zeal, Vamp

Then:

SV, Boot Choice, Phantom, Banshee's, Zeal, Exec Calling

Then complete the second Phantom if you haven't face rolled them off the map already.

This is all incredibly viable. My first introduction into Mundoing followed this almost to the letter. I still always seem to blow up to the Fiddles and Annies of the world, but I didn't grab a Banshee myself. That's probably the critical difference.

EchoRex

04-07-2010

The difference between Warmog's and SV, is that an SV will increase your survivability more while allowing you to have near the same amount of health.

One of the most beneficial ways to build is to rush the SV, then grab a Giant's Belt and a Phage. Then after building the Zeals and a Vamp, finish the Frozen Mallet. You will have equal or even greater effective(through mitigation) health(rune/mastery dependent) with an extraordinarily better Sadism and Adrenaline Rush doing so instead of taking the Warmog's.

I tend to go with a Mallet against most teams, a Banshee's versus any ridiculously AP stacked teams. The next natural progression is to take both and drop the EC for the Atma's, relying upon truly ludicrous regen to take the place of life steal.
_

Zauren

04-07-2010

I'll try this out personally. I've grown out of Warmogs, but I wanted to put it out there for people who want to try out Mundo without being as ultimate-dependent on surviving. It helped me a lot in learning his basics.