Lets Talk Laning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amodaus

06-21-2011

So i have been trying this idea and I take no credit for the creation of this concept, though i still wonder how viable it truly is. So here it is 3 mid lane instead of the classic solo. Pros i have come up with so far is that it crushes the most important lane early and fast. Great counter to a common solo lane. And if you got two gankers it allows for easy map movement without hurting the lane too much. Also it gives you two solo lanes without a jungler. Thoughts, Counters to this, Pros i haven't thought of and of course the cons?

Vidu Got Em

06-21-2011

a pro is you can zone the solo lane but most likely the other team will send at least 1 more mid to help. cons side lanes easy to gank. can push early against any decent ap champ. im sure there are many more but those off the top of my head

CaptainKelley

06-21-2011

It doesn't seem very viable. Biggest con is going to be that the three people are going to absolutely no experience. Any competent solo laner would just sit behind their turret and wait until they level up enough that they can just start picking you off. At the same time the other two lanes can push incredibly hard with no worry of being ganked because all 5 people on your team will be visible and if anyone leaves mid, they can just back off a bit. But then again a level 3 gank when your level 8 is nothing to be afraid of

Gato Muerto

06-22-2011

A level 3 vs level 8 is not very scary. However, 3 level 6 vs a single level 8 s a different story. Even 3 level 2s vs a level 4 (not likely unless have exp bonus and completely avoided being zoned) is pretty bad.

BloodsHaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

view top as a 2nd mid and jungle as a duo lane.

Also a enemy jungle as a 3rd mid with enough movement speed due to the fact all 5 are visible (plus safe warding) not to mention buff loose.

you potentially give the other team a whole norther carry from exp loose. Ganking mid would be a quick in and out burst even if u farmed the whole time.

MissyIvy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

1v1 Both sides level up in 1 wave.
1v2 Side one levels up in 1 wave, side two levels up in 2 waves.
1v3 Side one levels up in 1 wave, side two levels up in 3 waves.

Seeing as how a standard 1v2 situation means reaching level 6 to two level 4s, for a 1v3 situation, they would all be around level 3 or less.

Now, do you know how fast you reach level 6 in middle lane, do you think you could take down the turret in that time. Even if you did, do you think that would help? This is assuming you're putting three ranged carries (yeah right) in middle to all be underleveled and underfarmed. That is 50 gold a wave per champion per wave, in the BEST situation. Would you like a health pot every wave? Just saying, I could 1v3 just fine without breaking a sweat, easily killing one, been there done that.

Amodaus

06-22-2011

gotta tell you guys i have been doing this... now i could be noobs that it works against but we have that tower down in 6 mins or less

CaseySK

06-22-2011

Pros:
Allows for different team comp as lane roles will be different. I assume it would look like mid would have a carry (ap or ad) support and tank. top would be the other carry vs a the solo lane (assuming they have a jungle) and bot would be an offtank with high sustain to last against bot duo. You could even try two supports and a carry mid, with one of them going high ap later to act as a nuker. Something like zil/janna/ashe, with zil going ap. Also, you could just do two mid, one on the sides, and a jungle as well to make the exp spread on mid not so thin.

Cons:
Loss of dragon/baron control, although that doesn't really matter in the early laning phase.
Side lanes are more easily gankable, but with wards and smart farming that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Blue pilling on side lanes gets punishing, especially for bot (and top if it's 2v1) as damage will probably get through on your turret. Other team could adjust accordingly, and may cause earlier team fights. While that's not really a bad thing, you have to make sure your team is geared to be strong early game as to win early team fights.