Cassiopiea Underpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

c4lm

06-21-2011

I think I did it again.

I bought a champion purely based on having a cool concept/look, and in the process may have purchased an underpowered champ.

Same-thing happened with Shaco... and Ezreal... etc.

So as per usual I need to devote my time and energy into learning how to salvage a champ that I think may be underpowered. Fully aware she might be somewhat viable, I mean her ult is pretty mean if your good at it, but right now I seem to be failing with her.

Any help would be appreciated.

My build right now is composed of 0 research and pretty much just what I felt was necessary to succeed, it works as follows.

Dorans Ring(x2,3, depending on who I'm laning)
Boots
Rylais
Archangel
Hat

---
I know lot of people got tear -> boots but honestly I find the dorans ring in conjunction with her passive give me enough regen to not need excessive amounts of mana, and I feel the health is pretty vital.

Spy7Dragon

06-21-2011

Hextech revolver is really nice to get early since your damage is more consistent that bursty.

Eredas

06-21-2011

Multiple rings are a waste if you get the gold for better. Ring - Tear - Boots - Giant's Belt - Rylai's (If that's the build order you want, I don't get TotG when I play her, but often get fed blue.)

She's definitely not UP if she has a decent team. Her harass is top notch, sustainability in lane is amazing considering she doesn't take as much harass as she deals (i.e. play smart and moderately aggressive), and her pushing power is awful close to Malzahar's.

Wait for initiation, W, Q the masses, and E the squishies you can reach. If stuff gets dicey or you get a good opportunity, R for the stun and excessive damage. The tricky part is that her R has short range, so don't go into the fight trying to R or you'll get caught and eaten. (HOWEVER, if the enemy team doesn't know to drop you whenever they get the chance, being in range of R isn't so dangerous. If they know to focus you, you'll drop FAST if you get to close.)

c4lm

06-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredas View Post
Multiple rings are a waste if you get the gold for better. Ring - Tear - Boots - Giant's Belt - Rylai's (If that's the build order you want, I don't get TotG when I play her, but often get fed blue.)

She's definitely not UP if she has a decent team. Her harass is top notch, sustainability in lane is amazing considering she doesn't take as much harass as she deals (i.e. play smart and moderately aggressive), and her pushing power is awful close to Malzahar's.

Wait for initiation, W, Q the masses, and E the squishies you can reach. If stuff gets dicey or you get a good opportunity, R for the stun and excessive damage. The tricky part is that her R has short range, so don't go into the fight trying to R or you'll get caught and eaten. (HOWEVER, if the enemy team doesn't know to drop you whenever they get the chance, being in range of R isn't so dangerous. If they know to focus you, you'll drop FAST if you get to close.)
What's your build?

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2011

people might hate me for trolling xD (sorry) but Cassiopia looks "cool"? i mean shes a snake woman
but look up some builds because riot would never forget making a champ balanced (acually i think this is a lie )
good luck to you

Everspace

06-21-2011

The whole thing is that she does DPS style magic damage which is very weird and hard to land.

She is amazing at kiting with her Rylai's and boot3 (Which I reecomened over Sorc shoes), and can harass LIKE A BOSS in lane.

I only think she is out-shined by many a champ or just a sleeper hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
people might hate me for trolling xD (sorry) but Cassiopia looks "cool"? i mean shes a snake woman
but look up some builds because riot would never forget making a champ balanced (acually i think this is a lie )
good luck to you
They are always fixing things or at least tying for balance.

I LIKE SNAKES AND I LIKE WOMEN.

.'. WOMEN SNAKES = OH YEA!

Vyandachian

06-22-2011

Hooooo nooooo! Cass is not up.
1st - doran's ring OR tear of the godess (cass is a mana eater)
2nd - hex revolver ( you do so much dmg, that you heal like... like a champ who heals alot)
3rd- giant belt
4th- rylais (when you grab someone, he goes directly back to the nexus)
then whatever.

But I think Cass is not super easy to play. So it may be your problem.

Killrazor

06-22-2011

her fangs are deadly when used on a poisoned enemy champ. can kill a champ in a matter of seconds.

I like her a lot, but she does have a very high learning curve.

mekabar

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killrazor View Post
I like her a lot, but she does have a very high learning curve.
It's a miracle to me how every second post about Cass states that she is hard to learn, while you can basically just mash qwe on the enemies and gaze once they come running towards you. Thats not exactly rocket science.
And no she is in no way UP, shes probably the strongest dps caster there is.

Valhirien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekabar View Post
It's a miracle to me how every second post about Cass states that she is hard to learn, while you can basically just mash qwe on the enemies and gaze once they come running towards you. Thats not exactly rocket science.
And no she is in no way UP, shes probably the strongest dps caster there is.
Same with Katarina - you basically W E R into group of enemies, not rocket science, is it? But i dare you to do this, Mr. "basically". That's what hard to learn champion means and Cassie is one of the hardest in LoL. Anyone can play her, but there are only a few who mastered her.