Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twitch- Why is he not played anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Everspace

06-21-2011

Twitch needs to gank, and his items (which are VERY VERY expensive) are dependant on it. His ult puts out INSANE damage in a very big AoE only if he has the crazy amount of items, but people who are map aware are very hard targets (which is why he isn't like in high level play, just look at all the wards in dreamhack!), which usually makes him ineffective.

Ezreal is THE if not ONE OF THE best pokers in the game, his Q is a long shot and is modifided by TF or Sheen, and his R is a global nuke. He has a miniflash which helps alot but all his abilities are hard to hit as they are all skillshots (although his flash isn't, the bullet never wants to go where you want it anyway).

Dragoonleader

06-21-2011

Quote:
XTreeX:
Thanks everyone im getting twitch
and THEN ezreal
because i love that sniping ability

thnx once again

More than happy to help
He's very fun when you've got the hang of it. He's very good at mind games. You mess with their minds, then you mess with their playing.

Also, experiment with summoner spells. Find what suits your play style. Some of the ones i used:

Teleport+ flash: Good for the occasions that you need to quickly get to a tower to save it, or just to farm up a big wave before the tower eats them up. Also for getting back to lane quickly to not lose exp. And flash for escaping.

Teleport+exhaust: Riskier than flash, but it can help with first blood. Since you have exhaust's slow, you can focus on stealth and expunge, rather than your slow, giving you more damage output early on to start your feed.

Exhaust+ignite: ignite is just to further your first blood and ganking potential. You lose the mobility of teleport which is very nice (especially early-mid game). Do note that you lack a reliable escape (flash) if you get into a bad situation.

exhaust+flash: i think this is self explanatory by now.

Also, teleport is amazing for ganks. Drop some wards in bushes around the map, then you can quickly teleport to them if creeps are unavailable (the far bushes on the side lanes are good examples).

Teleport will slowly become less useful late game, because of boots of mobility, and ignite also loses a lot of luster, unless they have someone thats doing a lot of healing.

Dragoonleader

06-21-2011

Quote:
Powerstoned:
He's a late game champ, and unless you duo lane with a tank (I almost always tank, and he's one of my favorite lane mates, because I have to use twitch in my strategy to make it work), and he's hard to level early.

I generally dont like him on a team, because most matches end around 25 minutes, which is about the time twitch even starts to really contribute unless fed.

I find most people either play him:

a) waaay too timidly and try to do nothing but kill steal(which is his best strategy honestly)

b) waaay too recklessly and rack up deaths over and over, trying to get a kill, as he's not a good harasser.

Pack some ArPen runes or Malice runes, and he's not half bad at harassing. I used to use a 20% crit chance page which made my early game just fine. All you need to do is last hit early game, and once you have a few levels and items, start ganking.

Early game: last hit. don't try to shoot the creeps from full health to nothing, just take the last hit. It keeps you safer from harassment, and keeps you closer to your tower. (also makes the enemy easier to gank)

Mid game: its a gankathon for twitch. Don't be predictable, you don't want them to know when you're coming. avoid common ward locations when moving from lane to lane for ganks. If you gank one lane too much versus another, they'll start to put wards all over that lane, so unpredictability is your best tool. If they do wind up warding the hell out of a lane, just gank the others. Then their money is wasted. I love seeing people buy 4+ oracles a match only to lose them quickly. A good team will focus them down immediately, making them waste a ton of gold.

End game: depends on your mid game. Either you'll decimate their team or you'll be useless, its all dependent on your ability to disorganize and gank the enemy team.

XTreeX

06-21-2011

i take teleport and flash if not that then teleport and ignite because you already have a slow
i gank alot but i tell the team to pick to pick two solo's that way i can roam after getting some levels.
if there is a ward i know not to go there and if there is an oracle i dont gank thee until my team is redy

Everspace

06-21-2011

Quote:
XTreeX:
i take teleport and flash if not that then teleport and ignite because you already have a slow
i gank alot but i tell the team to pick to pick two solo's that way i can roam after getting some levels.
if there is a ward i know not to go there and if there is an oracle i dont gank thee until my team is redy

Don't underestimate the slow on exhaust, plus the Armour/MR debuff and damage neuter it comes with. I personally have a hard time now not taking teleport. Flash is a good choice because you do lack an escape, and ignite can help you secure a kill.

The secret to stealthers like twitch and eve is that you make ganks happen, planning them and leading the assault. Level 3/4 is usually a good time to start roaming, but make sure your laning partner can actually hold off the fort while you are gone.

Dragoonleader

06-21-2011

Quote:
Everspace:
Don't underestimate the slow on exhaust, plus the Armour/MR debuff and damage neuter it comes with. I personally have a hard time now not taking teleport. Flash is a good choice because you do lack an escape, and ignite can help you secure a kill.

The secret to stealthers like twitch and eve is that you make ganks happen, planning them and leading the assault. Level 3/4 is usually a good time to start roaming, but make sure your laning partner can actually hold off the fort while you are gone.

teleport+exhaust and flash+exhaust were my favorite combos. the extra slow and debuff is amazing for taking down lone champions. Then you also have a double slow. Pop exhaust, get some stacks for debilitating poison, then pop debilitating poison when exhaust ends.

Guinanny

06-22-2011

Twitch is my main depending on the team im playing aganist ill build banshees first and get survivability if i think ill get targeted fast, if i got amumu on my team ill build heavy dmg or heavy on hit effects depending on the other team.

NJlegionICEDtea

06-22-2011

even if u build some defense he is still squishy and easily focused.if a champ is countered with 125g and 400g items its not viable at all.

Prometheius

06-22-2011

The only champ in the game where you can 100% dodge auto-attacks by moving in a circle.

XTreeX

06-22-2011

^ not if you get targeted like......i dunno right click?