Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twitch- Why is he not played anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

06-21-2011

so i was looking for my next 6300ip and i relized i always wanted to play twitch.
but i had a look around and everyone has decided that the rat is no longer good.
i was choosing between him and ezreal and at this rate im going for ezreal. but can smoeone pls tell me :-

1. Why twitch is not played anymore
and
2. Twitch or Ezreal?

i have heimerdinger (blast zone :3) and teemo (these are my mains)

thnx everyone

Dragoonleader

06-21-2011

Twitch is risky to play. He's incredibly squishy all game, as most people don't build survivabilty on him, because it slows down his damage progression. Essentially, if you get targeted in a team fight and no one on your team can effectively stop them from beating you to a pulp, you're dead. Also, his ultimate was reworked so that it only allows so many shots, and it buffs his damage, rather than his attack speed, which many people see as a very heavy nerf. He is still viable, but he is no longer the team decimating machine that he used to be. In the right hands he is still very powerful, just not like he used to be.

XTreeX

06-21-2011

if i build some survivablility will he be more viable?
i know he cannot solo teams by himself anymore but i play roam twitch and i always use positioning to my advantage. (ive learnt that from playing heimerdinger) would you guys say that if played smart he is still viable?

Crownz

06-21-2011

no one can use twitch well mostly feeder.

Dragoonleader

06-21-2011

Quote:
XTreeX:
if i build some survivablility will he be more viable?
i know he cannot solo teams by himself anymore but i play roam twitch and i always use positioning to my advantage. (ive learnt that from playing heimerdinger) would you guys say that if played smart he is still viable?

He's definitely still viable. I'd recommend taking flash as a summoner spell now though, because it will allow you to escape those especially hairy situations.

If played well by an intelligent player, and if you can keep some stability in your early game farm, then he is entirely viable. I used to main twitch, but stopped after the changes. I'm just stubborn though. Don't be discouraged, twitch isn't a bad champion, its just that most people don't play him well.

He's like vlad, but the opposite. Vlad teaches you that its okay to get into bad situations sometimes, because you can usually escape with bloodpool, whereas twitch teaches you to be very cautious and opportunistic. (The reason i say they are similar, is that they teach you gameplay tactics that differ from your average champion)

EDIT: Also, survivability is not a bad option, its just that you need to be selective about what you chose to buy, because you can't afford to spend a lot of money on it. Pay attention to who targets you in fights, not necessarily what kind of damage their entire team does more of as a whole.

SeCKS Egai

06-21-2011

I still see him played, but when I do it's either really bad or he tends to decimate the opposing team. But then again, that's usually the case for eve too

Dragoonleader

06-21-2011

Quote:
xSeCKSx:
I still see him played, but when I do it's either really bad or he tends to decimate the opposing team. But then again, that's usually the case for eve too

Exactly. More often than not, the player can't use twitch effectively, But when they can they're usually pretty devastating, so long as they got a few kills early game. boots of mobility are almost mandatory on him (my opinion of course), so that he can get said ganks in quickly.

XTreeX

06-21-2011

Thanks everyone im getting twitch
and THEN ezreal
because i love that sniping ability

thnx once again

Powerstoned

06-21-2011

He's a late game champ, and unless you duo lane with a tank (I almost always tank, and he's one of my favorite lane mates, because I have to use twitch in my strategy to make it work), and he's hard to level early.

I generally dont like him on a team, because most matches end around 25 minutes, which is about the time twitch even starts to really contribute unless fed.

I find most people either play him:

a) waaay too timidly and try to do nothing but kill steal(which is his best strategy honestly)

b) waaay too recklessly and rack up deaths over and over, trying to get a kill, as he's not a good harasser.

XTreeX

06-21-2011

so a good twitch should play cautiously early game (i play roam though ) and come out with the ganks and sudden pushes mid game? late game i think you just hang around and once your team or theirs has started fighting for 2 seconds in the confusion pop your ult and hope you win