Caitlyn: Trap & Net?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToeKneeHD

06-21-2011

Why does Caitlyn's yordle snap trap and 90 caliber net scale from ability power? Her piltover peacemaker and ultimate scale from attack damage, making half of her abilities scaling from ability power. I mean they don't hurt much early game, and late game especially do nothing. They're mainly escape abilities, but it would help to have a smaller damage boost if they scaled from ad.

scrubtastic

06-21-2011

It's to balance out her range and far above average AD and to not let her get stupid kills for chasing her down I think. Peacemaker scales well from ad IIRC, as does her ult. Now, imagine chasing a half life Cait, getting hit by an insanely powerful slow and then running into a AP teemo-like trap. I think they wanted to make her geared for aggressive play, and making her escape mechanisms scale from AD would mean getting a lot of kills from kiting and running.

Kobes85

06-22-2011

I thought that at first too, but was soon persuaded to think otherwise when 50% of my kills came from traps the enemy would walk into when trying to flee themselves.