How can I raise my K/D ratio?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

indestructible44

04-05-2010

I've been playing LoL for a few weeks now, and love the game enormously. I even bought the collectors pack, unlocking many more heroes. After playing around with the majority of them, I found that regardless of the champions stats and play-style I still found myself going negative more often than not.

Perhaps this is simply an experience (play to learn) kind of thing, but I'm sure I could be doing something differently. Specifically, what items to start off with and later builds, kill strategies, etc. Idk forum, you tell me.

Claun

04-05-2010

if you have a good K/D ratio it's great, but it's not the most important factor to be a good player. Try to master a champion focusing in doing your job well. Tanking, Carrying or supporting.

I know, it's not that help... sorry. =)

GuyGin

04-05-2010

2 things new players do in in this (and other MobA's it seems):

1) they don't build any defensive items. They go for all pure offense items, Berskers Greaves / Sorc Shoes etc. If you want to live you need some health / armor / magic resist. It makes a huge difference. Being able to live long enough to get two spells off you are more likely to get a kill than if you get 1 spell off and die from being focused.

2) they don't have good enough map awareness. If you're 50% closer to the enemy base, and more than 1 of them is missing, you are already dead (unless you have say, cleanse on shaco and can deceive away). New players constantly get caught way too deep without their teammates and it almost always gets them killed.

In short: Buy defensive items and Run with your team more often. Go help your teammates gank instead of focusing on pushing lane solo or with your 1 lane partner.

If you already do these things, I don't know what to tell you. it might be your playstyle also. If there are three enemies, and 1 is at 50% health, don't jump into the middle of them because you think you can kill one of them. You wont, and you will die. Let him get back to base. Don't go for a potential kill when the penalty is certain death. Don't ever chase if there's more than 2 enemies mia either.

Rollo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

Well gee thats's kind of a broad question. For us to give you a good answer, you'd have to narrow it down a little. Maybe start with a particular class like tank or mage or support or melee carry or ranged carry or hybrid or assassin...(I think that's all the classes lol)