Ping spikes & lagging out since 4.11 (Shaw Cable)

1234511 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bens in Paris

1 Week Ago

Yeah both my brother and I usually get 35 ping or 70 ping or 90 ping (it changes depending on the game), but since the 4.11 patch, both of us have around 105 ping and it fluctuates to 170-220 every few minutes and stays like that (with us unable to move) for 5-10 seconds. Has anyone else been having this problem (with or without the same ISP)? Any known fixes?

rasclatt

1 Week Ago

I dont think its shaw, Im with them. Vancouver. But my speedtest.net results havent changed

just 40ms more ping in league

Laoking

1 Week Ago

its riots servers im in vancouver too and i just get extra 50-60 more ping added to my original ping consistent

Bens in Paris

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasclatt View Post
I dont think its shaw, Im with them. Vancouver. But my speedtest.net results havent changed

just 40ms more ping in league
Yeah for whatever reason after some patches, Shaw users (and some other ISPs) get extra ping. Hopefully they're aware of it.

llllllIIIIIllll

1 Week Ago

YES! This exact same problem used to happen back in Season 3 for me, I had to quit for 3 months because every single game I would either get 120 ping or 1 out of 20 games id get 30. It was just unbearable, luckily I came back at the beginning of Season 4 and I had 30 ping. Last patch it was 45, now it seems to e either 60. 75 or 90. The same problem seems to be reoccurring and yes I am with Shaw cable, it only seems since this patch. I don't think its Shaw but rather riot ****ing something up with Routing this patch that screws with Shaw. Because ive had 30 ping multiple times with Shaw and I don't know why it would suddenly change when all my speedtest / other results are the same.

Paul McCartney

1 Week Ago

I have shaw aswell. normal ping 40-50 now 80-110. :/

Bens in Paris

1 Week Ago

Still the same problem

Laoking

1 Week Ago

i have shaw too but i feel like its on riots side

Mestar

1 Week Ago

Just made another post with a similar issue. Except mine started w/ a bug splat. My entire team had to reconnect.

Evoy

1 Week Ago

Samething has been happening to me I live in Calgary Alberta with shaw. I used to have flat 38-40 ping now its either 54 one game or 80+ others. Glad to see its not my modem and its riot. But I do have a question though if I recall TheOddOne came back home to Calgary Alberta and he still gets good ping 38-40. So either he has his routing fixed his area isn't affected. If someone can please explain a possible fix or explain how he's still got good ping. I never had any problems with Shaw but it was definitely after 4.11 patch. Also my friends who use Telus their pings are usual high because telus but then they get 38 ping once in a while. As for Shaw I've never gotten close to my old 38 ping ever after the patch so that should narrow down it is Shaw. Hopefully this helps.

1234511 ... 24