Mac Client not working

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Black Lady

03-20-2013

I play on the Mac client, and suffered a problem with the newest patch, Using the Riot Games Mac Client, I loged to download the newest patch. The process went relatively slowly, but I though nothing of it. At one point I looked to see that the patch had an estimated 3 seconds remaining. After going away for a few minuets, the timer had gone to 2 seconds. This remained the issue for the next several minuets, the the time spiked to around 30 days, prompting me to close the client and try restarting my computer. After doing this, the client was at 33% and said scanning files, and was downloading files such as "ahri laugh". (See attachment) I tried switching to the Boompje client, but it also tried to download all files. (Also in screen shot). After restarting my computer several times, this problem is still present tonight for both clients. I really don't know what to do, and am hoping I have options other than re-installing. I had never had this issue for any patch on either client. I play on a Mac mimi running OS X, if that helps.

Screen shot of both clients: http://i49.tinypic.com/2n8u6f5.png
Tl;dr: Neither Mac client will do newest patch, instead tries re-downloading all files

LoLHappens

03-20-2013

Me too but i cant finishing downloading the game. i get to 91 percent when its said unspecific error . help?

Darius69mofo

03-20-2013

well, i can't load the game up at all. Like the ingame part.

Senpai Reny

03-22-2013

I log in fine but after team select, the in game part wont work, I right click it and it says that the application isnt working.

Time To Dive

03-23-2013

I'm also having this problem, I noticed the slow patching speed but now my issue is that when I click on the League of Legends Icon the game won't even start up now, I've had to resort to going back to the beta client from Boompje to play now. Please fix this Riot, something definitely went on for us Mac users during the last patch.

Glade the White

03-23-2013

I have the same problem as Stealthy1st. My Mac app was working fine yesterday. Played some games and all. Today, I click the LoL Icon and it doesn't start. Shows the Rainbow Wheel of Doom over the icon but doesn't launch the game. Tried a few system reboot on my Mac including deleting and re-downloading the Mac client. Been over 10 mins now and still hasn't launched. If this could be fixed that would greatly be appreciated. You guys do a great job already

GB

Izfanx

03-25-2013

Ok, I don't really know if this will help, but try you don't have to delete your whole 3 gigs of LoL in your mac. First, "show package contents" of your updated LoL client, and then to contents -> LOL -> System and see if there's and application called UserKernel. If it doesn't have that, that might be the source of the problem. Next, you should get a fresh copy of the Mac Client (Still don't delete the updated one), I suppose you can open the League of Legends.dmg and show packaged contents of fresh copy. Again, go to contents -> LOL -> System and just copy the UserKernel from the fresh copy to your updated client. It should work again.

Though I don't really know why it was deleted after the patching, since it was there before, hope these kind of bugs are fixed ASAP. Keep up the great work Riot.

IcedAbsinthe

03-30-2013

Also having this issue with my Mac. Re-Downloaded the whole client as a last ditch effort...it worked in the short term, allowing me to log in and play, however after closing the client after the first session, it will not open for a second time. Really hoping I don't have to re-download 3gb every time I want to play haha. Looking forward to an official statement on the issue. Thanks Riot!

dopeframes

03-30-2013

Me too having major issues. the biggest being pvp.net keeps disconnecting so I Can't play ranked ques

THE FOUR KINGS

04-16-2013

im experiencing the same problems as listed by other mac users.. please help/fix asap riot