LoL client and Windows 8.1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Retchaa

06-26-2013

So I installed the Windows 8.1 Preview today on my laptop, and now anytime I go to to open LoL, the client crashes with "PvP.net has stopped working". Tried reinstalls, tried repairs, and even a few suggests online from previous, similar crashes. Anyways nothing works at the moment. Thought I'd more or less give a heads up to anyone else out there tempting to try the same.

theprckoflegends

06-26-2013

Same problem! We need a fix "PVP.net patcher kernal has stopped working" Can we get a fix please?

kuuyku

06-26-2013

Thanks for sparing me the agony resulting from updating to 8.1, hope this gets fixed. Bump.

Catbug 0

06-26-2013

I fixed this by changing the compatibility mode to Windows 7 and I can now alt-tab without crashing.

Solution:

1.Right Click on League of Legends Icon
2.Properties
3.Compatibility (Tab)
4.Check of "Run this program in compatibility mode for: (Select Windows 7)
5.Apply

Retchaa

06-26-2013

Tried that already too. Still crashes on startup.

Chorusboy

06-26-2013

The issue I am having is similar. The game is crashing when trying to enter a match, not on startup of the pvp.net client. Any help here would be great. I have submitted my bugsplat logs. Hope it helps. If there is more that can be done, that would be great. The compatability fix or run as admin do not work to solve this issue.

That Jord Guy

06-27-2013

I can confirm this issue occurs on Windows 8.1 Pro Preview.

It appears that the install is actually an upgrade install - check C:\ and you should see Windows.old which seems to support this as this is an 8 OEM laptop with nothing before it.

Has anyone tried a fresh install of LoL? I think it might need reinstall.
And compatibility mode doesn't work for me.

That Jord Guy

06-27-2013

Got it working - Go to the location of where League of Legends is installed.

Find the lol.launcher.admin application, right click and change compatibility to Windows 7
Then run that application - it worked for me.

Chorusboy

06-27-2013

I am still crashing on launch of the game client (not the launcher). Once the logo comes up and it appears that it will be going to the summoner loading screen, the game crashes.

Fischman12

Recruiter

06-29-2013

There is a issue with NVIDIA graphics not getting driver updates. I had the issue and i finally got it to work. Just download the drivers here and everything should be working. http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06...w-available-2/

Hopefully that helps.