New to Udyr on TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IApplesI

04-05-2010

Hey Guys I just picked up udyr because i've seen him do work on the treeline and i cant figure out the build or the skilling order at all little help plz?

Pen15Mightier

04-05-2010

Step 1: Doran's Shield / Blade.
Step 2: Gank people.
Step 2a: Boots of some sort, preferably Beserkers, unless you can hard counter 2/3 of their team with Ninja Tabi / Merc Treads.
Step 3: Sheen.
Step 4: Gank people some more. Don't forget to farm the neutrals for buffs. Movespeed and Lizard slow = easy mode ganks.
Step 5: Zeal / Phage -> Triforce. Phage first if you feel you are too squishy, Zeal if not.
Step 6: Go forth and wreck people some more.
Step 7: Some other DPS item, Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster, etc are all good.

Always play conservatively, since you are melee DPS you don't want to tank if you don't have to, and you have a hard time getting into the fight first and then getting away.

Skills
Turtle, Bear, Turtle, Tiger, Turtle, Tiger, repeat until turtle and tiger are maxed. Only use bear to stun iniate and to chase/escape. Other than that you should be popping Turtles for bursts, and Tigers for DPS.

ThunKek

04-05-2010

No No No, Ur right with how you build but never never never take tiger till the very end, you always want pheonix instead of tiger

bear TUrtle Peonix in priority

Praedoran

04-05-2010

Because of sheen's massive improvement to Udyr's mana pool, taking a point in Tiger (maxing it later), is a good setup actually. Bear/Turtle maxing is good defensive Udyr though, as it is often your place to rush into melee and tank the enemy team. Sometimes I can get away with DPS, other times I am the main target consistently.

Really though, playing Udyr on TT is very much about intuition. I've been Aura holder, tank, DPS, pusher, etc and every game's different. The better your understanding of your own powers and the enemies powers, the better your choices will be about builds and items.

Lord Bro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

There's 2 discussions that went on recently. Go to advanced search for "Udyr" in the subject line of the Guides sub-forum and you'll find the two of them.

Re: Tiger stance, don't waste your time -- the active DoT is broken. Level Turtle/Bear/Phoenix instead, and only grab Tiger past level 15 for popping turrets/inhibitors. And even against those, Phoenix is better because the AoE serves to wipe out the enemy team's minions that inevitably are approaching as you tank their turret.

Also I agree w/ the poster just above me -- Udyr is very versatile and your build should be changing a lot depending on the enemy team. Mostly casters? Wit's End + Force of Nature perhaps. Mostly heavy meleers? Maybe you want Warden's, Thornmail, or a Black Cleaver. Mundo? Get the Execut. to hurt his regen... but typically, early-game, I always build Berseker's Shoes first, then a Sheen at minimum.

Skill wise, it's dynamic also. Say their entire team is heavily pushing 1 lane, well, jack up Turtle so you can shield for low mana cost and last hit minions to regenerate and get gold. If your team is owning and crushing the enemy early on, jack up Bear so you can chase them down better for low mana cost... if you're jungling and they're too dumb to gank you, get Turtle/Phoenix so you can drop Lizard and Dragon early on your own...