Countering Shaco with Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

Hi Everyone! This isn't going to be "omfg Shaco is OP'd he keeps killing me NERF NAO!" - I'm looking genuine tips and advice on countering Shaco while playing with Ryze.

My issue is that Shaco has a few nifty methods of getting out of my trap, and he's good at slowing me and squishing me. Does anyone have some helpful tips on how I can stop being so squish friendly for Shaco? :-)

Pwnacus Maximus

04-05-2010

Stack health, if you can survive his initial Deceive + autoattack and possibly shiv burst you have a better chance of winning. magic resist helps for his shiv, and armor helps for his deceive autoattack. If he has his clone out, cast spell flux, and afterwards target the one who took the least amount of damage.

GamBino826

04-05-2010

Ironically, if it's just you and him in the jungle, his clone can help you get a lot more bounces off of Spell Flux. So give him a chance to pop his clone first, if that's possible. Otherwise, make sure you survive Decieve and Shiv, and you should be good because your burst will do more than his.

Solarious

04-05-2010

Shaco is the executor of the stupid and overextended, and if you're neither, you may survive him. Like with most stealth champions, don't run unless you're close to allies/tower, stand and fight if at all possible. His backstab passive will just let him kill you that much more quickly. Ult if it's up, and spam all your abilities at once: I generally go for Overload first (before Decieve goes up), then Spell Flux, then Rune Prison as the real Shaco tries to run; you generally can tell by the low hp one that runs away while the clone keeps on autoattacking you. If you have cooldown reduction, your passive will recharge your own spells quicky for a second and fatal volley.

As for items, you definitely want Catalyst the Protector as soon as possible, building it directly after your Goddess' Tear/Chalice of Harmony. Just build your main mana item, grab the basic boots, then go for Ruby Crystal into Catalyst. It is also a rather good idea to go with Doran's Ring as your starter item with a health pot, because it's difficult to replace as long as you keep on building up your ultimate item build until the very end. Catalyst also upgrades into two good items: Banshee's Veil is great for absorbing the errant spell, and gives you a slightly more immediate boost in magic resistance and raw stats. Rod of Ages will pay off in more mana and health in the long run, as well as increased lethality. Choose depending on your opposing lineup.

Venarial

04-05-2010

Or try to make sure you see him before he jumps you and Ping him... A little target goes over his head and stays when he splits lol so when he splits look for the target then cage spell over load and laugh because he cant take your damage worth ****....

Greenbolt

04-05-2010

Best solution is to ensure that ROA is your first item (after basic boots). With the extra health, you will tank him for his initial burst damage, then you can follow up with your own.

Look at your spell flux carefully, one of the targets (his clone) takes more damage, thats the one you need to rune cage. He obviously started off with a decieve so his CD may not be up before u can burst him down.

The clever ones use flash as well - those you can't kill easily, they will get away 90% of the time.

gun fu panda

04-05-2010

Qwer