So in our latest JoJ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuuMasken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuMasken View Post
calling new pentakill member as yorick

one of his starting extra skins will be the pentakill skin
totally called it

Vuther

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
I had always imagined Noxian soldiers to be clad in red and black armor much like roman soldiers.
I think that's a bit overplayed by now, personally.

It seems from a picture from an old issue of the JoJ indicates Noxians' uniform seems to be green and some grey colours, arms bare, anyway. They could change it, though.

Trooper713

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuMasken View Post
totally called it
Recognizing legit call

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post

It seems from a picture from an old issue of the JoJ indicates Noxians' uniform seems to be green and some grey colours, arms bare, anyway. They could change it, though.
The guards shown were the Royal Guard guarding the most powerful man in Noxus.

Mjaxon

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post

They look more like a street punk gang than an actual organized military.

Ikraam

06-24-2011

Those Noxian soldiers are wearing the exact same regalia, even wielding the same weapons, as the Black Guard from Warhammer Fantasy.

Compare this Warhammer concept piece to the image of the Noxian caravan guards:

Lyvender

06-26-2011

My brother and I were discussing this whole withering curse thing, and came to what I believe are some interesting conclusions on the matter. A few people have fingered Nasus as the culprit, which is ultimately the decision we came upon as well, but I haven't really seen any discussion as to why he might be doing this.

Gut reaction is to say that Nasus is good and Renekton is bad, due to the tone of their stories, but there are anomalies which tend to communicate otherwise.

1.) The aforementioned Season 1 trailer. Have you noticed how the traditionally "good" characters are pictured opposite the traditionally "bad" characters? And which side is Nasus on? That's right..."Morgana's team;" if his intentions are so good, how can this be?

2.) Obviously, withering curse is very indicative of his ability, "Wither." This has been noted, but the power of such a move has not. If such "high level magic" can be wielded from behind the guise of a hero seeking supposed just causes, then Morgana may strike at her sister and yet still be telling the complete truth: that she had nothing to do with the attack.

3.) Have you ever looked at EVERY ability Nasus has? They are all insidious in effect or description: a strike that siphons power, a spell that ages and withers, a spirit flame which "desecrates" the ground, and an Ultimate (as well as a passive) which is designed to steal life, itself. These are not the tools of a benevolent Curator, but a degenerate psychopath.

4.) Lastly, an extrapolation of the lore. Have you ever wondered why Nasus allowed Renekton to serve as the Gatekeeper of the Library? He allowed his own brother to come into constant contact with corruption, and then "pleaded with Renekton to see reason." But Renekton only had the drive to seek out evil...so why did he seek out his brother, Nasus? It was not to end his shameful existence, no...it was because he knew Nasus to harbor this evil. It is how he as smelled and tracked Nasus to this League. Nasus's initial anger at the teleport belied his true purpose - he was going to kill his brother, and they interrupted that glorious moment.

Was it jealousy? Perhaps he sought a way to Renekton's empathetic gifts, a power to which he was not privvy. Perhaps Renekton stood in the way of some greater scheme, much like Heimdall in the recent movie, Thor. We may not soon know, but one thing is to be sure: the body of evidence against Nasus is not a small thing to be taken lightly.