Avarice Blade on Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torwulf

04-05-2010

Hi peoples,

I'm just tossing around ideas for my new Ashe crit build, and I was wondering about getting multiple Avarice Blades. My thought was that the crit would be very helpful early on (with crit dmg runes), while the gold/10 would help rush the more expensive IE, Black Cleaver, and Phantom Dancer. Am I thinking right? The idea would be to get either 2 or 3, with boots somewhere in between, then start on IE, etc.

Thanks,
Tor

iHateDisGame

04-05-2010

Okay

Torwulf

04-05-2010

Umm...

Xender

04-05-2010

i wouldnt try it myself. her passive builds crits before fights and her w relys on damage. the only crit item I ever build on her is IE.

I usually go
saphire+hp pots
catalyst
boots
brutalizer
IE
merc boots
LW
bloodthirster/banshees

could get merc/tabi earlier depending on how you're doing or the other teams comp

Ahhpple

04-05-2010

Don't get more than one avarice blade and never get crit damage runes. Get armor pen instead.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

04-05-2010

on ashe, going straight damage is better.

try going regrowth pendant, b.f. sword, boots, and bloodthirster, cleaver, or IE and see how it works for you.

with regrowth pendant, you shouldn't have to leave your lane until you have 2k gold, unless you're horrendous at last hitting.

Torwulf

04-05-2010

Thanks all - a couple of things, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
on ashe, going straight damage is better.
That's what I've been doing, but I've heard lots about building Ashe as a crit champ - is that really less effective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhpple View Post
Don't get more than one avarice blade and never get crit damage runes. Get armor pen instead.
I haven't done the maths, but I'm assuming that armour penetration will give a larger payout? Being armour penetration, can it 'penetrate' zero armour?

My thinking was that if you're doing beastly damage due to double BC's, then IE + Crit dmg runing for 300% crits, you would hit for 300% of (base attack + 150 [BC's]). Would armour penetration give you higher potential damage than that?

Bonegnasher

04-05-2010

I think Avarice Blade is a pointless item on almost all champions. Sure, it gives you a better crit chance early game and slightly improved revenue. However, you don't have the damage or attack speed to make use of crits until mid to late game. You'd be much better off with a Brutalizer, or just rushing BF Sword IMO.

ntrz

04-05-2010

bad idea

Whitemage82

04-05-2010

I think you should try one avarice blade + brutalizer. this will get you used to how ashe will feel when going for yomuu's ghostblade, since it's made with these two items.