How do you build Jax on Twisted Treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhynocerous

04-04-2010

I just started playing him and didn't read any guides so I'm been trying to figure out a good build order.

At first I did
Ninja Tabi -> Scepter -> Rageblade -> Blood Thirster

Then I tried

Tabi -> Scepter -> Rageblade -> Phantom Dancer/Zeals

Now I'm trying

Tabi -> Rageblade -> Starks (While a Nasus builds a 2nd one) -> Phantom Dancer

I can't decide what works the best but I like how I have it now.

Any suggestions?

I haven't bought dodge runes yet so I feel I need the tabi early on.

CopsRTops

04-04-2010

Dorans Blade
ninja tab or merc depending on their team build
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Atmas
Either get 2 potions green + red before Atmas or after depending on how ur going.
Then basically tank up.. bloodthirster, banshees, guardin angel, phantom dancer etc. But to tell u the truth if the game isn't ended after atmas u have a problem, esp on a 3v3.

AmyOverlord

04-04-2010

Boots + Rageblade.

You have reached 20k gold farmed state.

Taylawlz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

Red Elixir, 1 Sight ward, 1 Health pot, 1 Mana Pot
Ninja Tabi
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Triforce or Lich Bane (depending if they have a strong magic counter such as Ryze)
Bloodthirster
Atma's Impaler
Guardian's Angel
Good luck

Oscillate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

This is what i use in TT

Ninja Tabi
Pickaxe--> Rageblade
Scepter-->Bloodthirster

I usually don't make it past the 3rd item, cuz my team won, but if I did, I'd prolly go:

Zeal-->Panthom Dancer
Longsword--> Cleaver
Bf -->Inf Edge. (You'll never make it this far )

DarkenDragon

04-05-2010

my build order is
start off with scepter cuz I just like to have either a life steal or health regen item at the beginning, I have gone with the rejuve bead and some health pots before to get a warden's mail early if I see that im fighting against opponents that require high attack speed (another jax, master yi, udyr as an example)

then I work on my ninja tabi

then I get rageblade

thats my starting line up and then it all depends on enemy and how well I do

with twisted treeline theres fewer enemies and that means much easier thought of how to counter them and really items should be used to counter them

if im farming well and getting a lot of gold I'd upgrade my scepter to a bloodthirster

if Im not and im facing against at least 2 tanky heros with tons of health, i'd get bloodrazors

if Im facing against a lot of stunners then I'll get banshee's veil

if Im facing against people getting heavy armor items then i'll get the last wisper

if its a mixture of everything then i'll just get infinity edge for higher damage and health

if im against high attack speed and high damage heros (such as twitch or teemo) I try to get an early phantom blades

the only person I cant really seem to find a counter for is singed. a good signed would just run away from me causing me to take heavy damage from his posions while waiting for his allies to get to him and when he is with his allies he'll just toss me into them, posion me and more often than not im stunned quite a bit so hes a hard foe to counter imo

Vidal

04-05-2010

Scepter is a realy bad starters item considering all the health you could get with other starter items. dorian's ring is probably the best as jax has a realy big mana problem early game and 5 mana regen goes a long way.

My build is...

dorians ring

ninja tabi (merk treads still probably not a good idea even if they have alot of cc because you are going to be relying on your stun to be up and it will save your life many times especialy on TT.)

rageblade

amata's (do not skip this item, do the math its alot of hp and damage for free especialy with rageblade at max stacks.)

bloodthirster

next item depends on enemy team:

armour heavy? last whisper
hp heavy? mandred's
cc/magic heavy? banshees
just need more dps and hp? infinity edge
have a jax and/or dodge heavy champs like sivir? SOD

PatMcGroyne

04-05-2010

P.S Ninja Tabi and Phantom Dancers are dumb because Tabi + You skill = dodge cap so your PD is wasting that 20% dodge chanche which you pay a lot for... If you still want the movement speed and criticals just stack zeals (About 3 zeals for 1 PD).

That means

60% atk speed 30% critical strike and 24% movement speed

compared to:

45% attack speed 30% critical strike 20% dodge(wasted) and 12% movement speed

IMO Zeals much> than Phantom Dancers

Jongx

04-05-2010

just went 13/3 on TT w jax going

dorans blade + hp pot

tabi
sheen
rageblade
rylais
lichbane

all 3 potions

GG

Eat dat chammich

04-05-2010

Why are people suggesting Last Whisper as an answer to heavy armor? The armor pierce gives you no health gain. Jax does more magic damage than physical in most builds anyway. If the enemy is stacking armor then get some more AP. Rylai's/Zonya's/Lichbane or another Rageblade. This increases your burst and sustained damage while giving you tons of health.

Of course I haven't math'd this out and LW is a great item in general. Just seems like the whole strength of Jax is in getting two stats for the price of one.