[Guide] Dorkbrains' Warwick Guide

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dorkbrains

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

lmao, how many games have you played? have you ever got to a game where the people you're playing against are competent at all!??! like i said, if you play warwick and you are in the lane for an extended amount of time without a buff, you're going to die and you're going to die fast. i was going to stop reading your post and cease arguing with you when you said "A flash, auto attack, bite, is half of someones base HP" because i have no idea who you're doing only about 130 damage to and getting to half HP :S but im going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

sure, i do play warwick with other people than just nidalee, I don't mind seeing a lot of people playing the 2v1 but when i have a team without a carry, i'd rather play a carry than i would like to play warwick....i just looked at your profile and you're only a level 22 with 85 wins so I can see where you're getting the idea that your strat is good, if I were in the elo, I would be wrecking face too with just a black cleaver and laning. i honestly thought this whole time that i was talking with someone with a lot of warwick experience under their belt, you will soon learn that being in the lane is a waste of your time. just give it some time.

Helicrom

04-29-2010

That's not just my damage. That is the cumulative damage between Jax and I. It takes as long as me flashing, hitting, biting for that to occur. For example, level one shaco has 421 hp. If he starts by getting buff, he is a mighty tasty kill.

Go back and read two posts ago, instead of posting the damages in a new thread I editted it to include them.

I understand you have finals, but there is no way you have read my strategy. I am in a lane for 90 secs MAX!

Oh and if your throwing that out there I am 56-40 as WW.. almost (1.5:1) sad I know, actually those low rating games were 10 times harder. As you mentioned you cannot be in a lane. This build too can only work if you can get out of lanes. In numerous games before I had runes and masteries, my teams just got dog stomped down the middle. This build only gets tougher as I level. Individually, there is no carry ability. But if you want to friend me in game, we can exhange info and I will send you the screen shots of battle summaries. They speak for themselves. Or maybe you will even give me the chance to put up or shut up and play a game with me.... I have been doing whatever I can to get in the best games, friending anyone with high numbers of wins, hoping they will drag me into real competition.

I have both good ones and bad ones, in my experience this build goes with the team. If my teammates are at least breaking even on kills-deaths, I am 7/4/(6-9) with 3 turrets and a win.

Helicrom

PS BUDDAY... LOOK UP THE TERM 'AD HOMINEM FALLACY'

Thistlemin

04-29-2010

Just tried Rank 1 Boots, Madred's, then Last Whisper for the first time on Warwick for TT against Mundo, Garen, Nassus.

Woah! Is all I can say. I was just about to buy a BF Sword when they forfeited at the 17 min mark. Can't wait to try it out more.

Everdark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-29-2010

Has anyone ever tried getting Deathfire Grasp after Bloodrazor for Warwick? S*** is so cash.

dorkbrains

04-29-2010

lmao, you're just asking for the other team to not go tanky aren't you? Hungering Strike, Deathfire, and Bloodrazor all scaling damage off of opponents MAX HP...gg?

Everdark

Recruiter

04-30-2010

I've only played a couple of games with it and it has been surprisingly effective. Can't come to a proper conclusion about it untill I try it out more though.

Zabster

04-30-2010

I personally think they should nerf him a bit on the 1v1 front and give him some more utility in team battles.
When warwick gets high enough and well enough geared like in mid game or so, he just becomes a true beast to deal with in 1v1.
That massive autoattack damage and Lifesteal he cruises with just makes him almost unkillable along with his speed and stuff

Grinningsphinx

04-30-2010

I have to add that at lvl 22 with 85 wins, you shouldnt even be arguing. Take a look at my profile..I used to play Warwick ALOT after his buffs....

He is not a laning here. Shurelia has said he was designed to jungle.

I also stay in the jungle nearly the whole game..thats your point as WW..control the jungle and make sure the enemy is not getting any XP off the jungle creeps.

Pop out and gank with ID, push tower, go back to jungle.

This is what you should be doing as a competent WW player against another competent team.

Btw, i NEVER get black cleaver on WW...tis always Bloodrazor and either last whisper or wits end vs mage heavy teams. After that i stack MR and lifesteal to be able to survive after popping out and disabling Annie/Ryze etc....

I jungle with ignite, and i can kill the wraiths at lvl 2 with my AS page. AS = more life gained for WW.

Helicrom

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinningsphinx View Post
I have to add that at lvl 22 with 85 wins, you shouldnt even be arguing. Take a look at my profile..I used to play Warwick ALOT after his buffs....

He is not a laning here. Shurelia has said he was designed to jungle.

I also stay in the jungle nearly the whole game..thats your point as WW..control the jungle and make sure the enemy is not getting any XP off the jungle creeps.

Pop out and gank with ID, push tower, go back to jungle.

This is what you should be doing as a competent WW player against another competent team.

Btw, i NEVER get black cleaver on WW...tis always Bloodrazor and either last whisper or wits end vs mage heavy teams. After that i stack MR and lifesteal to be able to survive after popping out and disabling Annie/Ryze etc....

I jungle with ignite, and i can kill the wraiths at lvl 2 with my AS page. AS = more life gained for WW.
From wikipedia... An ad hominem, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument toward the person" or "argument against the person"), is an attempt to persuade which links the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.[1] The ad hominem is a classic logical fallacy.[2]
Basically, go understand how a real argument is constructed before you tell others not to make one.

I never realized I would cause a stir by trying to find a new way to make WW more versatile. Just to clarify one more time, because everyone keeps writing that he doesn't lane in their posts. I would never lane with WW, but I think you can gank as early as lvl 2 given two golems to start.

Two points I would like to make from what you said.

First, "This is what you should be doing as a competent WW player against another competent team." I would say .... a competent WW player, with a competent team... After my conversation with dorkbrains about matchmaker (i am still a lil confused tho) I figure the only way to do this is premade. For example today, at 5-6 mins by the time I am ready to gank the first time our mid is 0/2 and one of our 2v2'ers was 0/2 (not a single gank from the other team) and we are losing on kills 1-4. Might as well type /all GG. Correct me if I am wrong b/c this matchmaker thing is more confusing than GAAP and info has been hard to find. I believe I have a 50-50 shot of getting put with a newb like this on any normal game? The teams will simply be made to be even? [newbs means someone who sux, summoner lvl is no BFD I find 30's with 150+ wins who suck balls everyday; you still get xp for losses =(]

Second, if you always use that item build and strategy, and never use any other, how do you know you cannot improve? Just can't believe there is only one way to be successful (especially since you claim to not use smite too). As far as BC goes, I simply think everyone is being a little short-sighted. Like I have said before I play with as a 2 man AT with Jax. If you want a build that can pick one target and kill it or cripple it hard for your team, BC is the way to go. Look at the numbers I calculated in my other post, I showed how DPS SKYROCKETS for the next hits after ID with Black Cleaver. Who ever said those needed to be hits from WW?

Someone gave me the argument that with BC you are locking yourself down to one target. Well no s#it Sherlock. I guess maybe against all those good players up at high ELO's you guys must be getting a lot of double, triple, quadra, and penta kills. Bulls#it *cough* If WW ever has to engage multiple targets, you are prolly screwed. The only other alternative is that you are rolling the other team, in that case is it really going to make a difference? Even at my 'low ELO' one snare (to a lesser extent b/c then you atleast still auto attack or flash), stun, or silence while engaging a group and you are a goner.

*sarcasm* Nothing rox more than taking on a champ that can silence not only your abilities, but also your summoner abilities for 2.5... mmrrrm excuse me its bugged.... up to 5 secs every 5 secs (given 30% cd) and then with one button click kill you at half hp...

Helicrom

congalong

05-02-2010

What do you think of full AS runes and arp quints? Is the extra AS from yellows not worth it over dodge?

12345678 ... 9