Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

But I don't want to re-connect!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Safaquel

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

Quote:
EIIimist:
no reason to leave anymore your team can surrender...

You haven't even read the posts on the subject, have you?

Twisted

Recruiter

09-03-2009

Quote:
Ultimatum:
I don't think there should be a penalty for leaving a practice game.

I do agree with this..... Leaver's can burn in hell though!!

ElJuice

09-03-2009

I like the new system. Of course people can come back to the game to pout, feed and grief, but the ignore list should be a good step in dealing with that problem.

SotLTravis

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

Love the new system for the time being. As is the usual case with computer games, people will figure out work arounds and exploits, but for the time being, this seems pretty awesome.

Although, I imagine that when release comes, people will just have alt accounts they hop on and play with when they get locked out from playing in other games.

Bianary

09-03-2009

The only problem I see is if it blocks you from not reconnecting to a practice game -- maybe you were testing something and your friend still had further tests but yours was done and you wanted to go play.

It should only apply to games run through the matchmaker.

The Water Bear

09-03-2009

Quote:
ZileasAKATcadwell:
This may or may not be how we do things at launch. We have a lot of other anti-leaving incentives going in, and we want to see how this particular method works in the short-term. This method may not be necessary later.

The method currently in place is exactly what I wanted implemented.

Please don't change it, it accomplishes exactly what it needs to. Good work!

Banshi

09-03-2009

Good system, until you get stuck waiting for the "practice" game to end, or worse, have the game server crash and not be able to do anything else but connect to a non-existent game

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

09-03-2009

Quote:
Banshi:
Good system, until you get stuck waiting for the "practice" game to end, or worse, have the game server crash and not be able to do anything else but connect to a non-existent game

Yeah we are working on fixing the issues with practice games and crashing servers =((

goldfinger

09-21-2010

Yeah, this is happening to me and a couple friends atm, it really sucks. The servers went down so it kicked us, now we cant join the game that we were in, and we cant join a new game.