But I don't want to re-connect!!!

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FellowerOfOdin

09-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
Because 98% of all leaves are not because you want to "save your team the trouble"
Leaving is not acceptable in any way.
I have to disagree here. Leaving in a game with a gamestate of 5vs3 or worse OR leaving in a game with a leaver before 10 minuntes have passed is completely justified.

Izibaar

09-03-2009

My experience with DotA is that everybody surrender in a game that is 100% lost. Except someone get flamed. This one will never surrender! Just keep playing and be friendly until the game ends. When the game is really lost your base will fall soon or your team will surrender. [br/] Games where someone already left are really a problem. Lets say in a 3vs5 are the best players in the 3-hero-team. Now it could happen that nobody can push because team A is too good to lose and team B got too many heroes (+tower) to get pushed. This game will end, but it will be a very long game. So everybody should be free to leave. Without getting a lost game of course.

James Pringles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2009

A quick question, what happens if everyone on the game left? I remember back in my DotA days we would rm when there are leavers ie everyone leaves the game and since the host leaves the game is closed. Does this work in LoL at all? I have yet to experience anything like this, but just a thought.

iPredicted

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

@fellowerofodin, you can forfeit out of all those situations.

freykin

09-03-2009

Quote:
How do you forfeit?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-03-2009
1 of 9 Riot Posts

This may or may not be how we do things at launch. We have a lot of other anti-leaving incentives going in, and we want to see how this particular method works in the short-term. This method may not be necessary later.

Shillen

09-03-2009

I keep trying to surrender and my teammates disconnect instead of surrendering so then I'm forced to sit in spawn for 15 more minutes. The surrender feature needs a lot of work.

FellowerOfOdin

09-03-2009

Quote:
No, your team can forfeit out of all those situations - that's quite a difference. If such a situation occurs and you cannot surrender b/c of your team, people could either ruin the game on purpose or just walk around at the fountain.

Aeonus

09-03-2009

To the programmer guy and the systems design person I keep getting a bug report option as my game consistently crashes after a match with any of the new heroes.

Jarris

09-03-2009

I've actually had the reverse problem with the surrender option. Instead of people refusing to hit the surrender button, they are ALWAYS wanting to surrender. As soon as the team has shown a sign of pushing an inner tower my team wants to give up. One of these games I actually joined up with a friend and we were able to block the vote for surrender and actually win the game. This is really just a problem with solo matchmaking.

1234567 ... 9