But I don't want to re-connect!!!

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BODAK

09-03-2009

this will lead to problems for sure, if you take away a choice to quit and q to another game ppl will just start griefing and feeding if team is fails to surrender

Poet

09-03-2009

The more and more you feed, the less you are worth....so it's no biggie if idiots want to feed in their rage. You can't drop items for the other team like you could in dota...The only way I could see sore loser griefing would be spaming all chat with the whereabouts of his team at all times.

Btw, I think it would be fun if it was possible to turn an intentional feeder into a minion. So not only would he have to reconnect back to the game if he was leaver, but he could only play a minion while the game was in session. That would be sweet!

*Edit: Actually, am I right about the more you feed the less you're worth statement? I think I read that here somewhere.

FellowerOfOdin

09-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODAK View Post
this will lead to problems for sure, if you take away a choice to quit and q to another game ppl will just start griefing and feeding if team is fails to surrender
This is the point. If players cannot leave a game, they will start ruining it by feeding on purpose etc. Pretty bad idea :/

iPredicted

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

I actually dont think people will feed on purpose, if you see anyone who are that retarded, screenshot it and send it to beta@riotgames.com

Karrde

09-03-2009

I've been stuck at the reconnect screen for over half an hour. Windows crashed when right when I clicked to go to character select, and I never made it into the game. When I do try to connect I crash as soon as I finish loading in the character screen; it also doesnt say anyone else is connected.

FellowerOfOdin

09-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
I actually dont think people will feed on purpose, if you see anyone who are that retarded, screenshot it and send it to beta@riotgames.com
Predicted, I am also talking about the release, assuming that the leaver system stays in this current form. Do you think that forcing people to play a rigged game is fun and encourages them to further play? I don't think so.

iPredicted

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

Fellowerofodin: Type in /surrender

Safaquel

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

This is bull****. If I am the only one of the team who can't contribute anything but feeding, I want to leave and play another game with another champion.

Explain to me why I have to waste my time for saving my team the trouble? I think this manner of 'penalty' is purely bull****. Especially if that happens in a practice game.

@Predicted: you have to make a fragging VOTE to surrender, and then the WHOLE team leaves. I, for one, want my team to keep on playing if they wish, but without me feeding or having to stay. I'd rather have a rune/level penalty than this.

Also, Riot is going to achieve compulsory playing, and this is bad. I can't enjoy my game if I can't quit it any time and join another one.

FellowerOfOdin

09-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
Fellowerofodin: Type in /surrender
Predicted, I do not know if you have DotA experience, but I have and -switch works exactly like /surrender, you get a vote and can choose to vote yes or no.

There are a lot of ******bags out there and just imagine a game where an elitist is stacked with a few newbies. He loses and a teammate wants to surrender b/c there is no point in keep playing. Mr. Elitist, however, decides to **** his team and does not take part in the vote, forcing all other players to keep suffering.

This is a pretty common scenario in DotA and it will be the same in LoL.

iPredicted

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

Because 98% of all leaves are not because you want to "save your team the trouble"
Leaving is not acceptable in any way.
And you need 4/5 to win a surrender vote afaik.

123456 ... 9