Do they have item suggestion lik HoN

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeshiDark

04-04-2010

Hey guys i'm new. i'm just wondering if they have item suggestions like Hon. Atm i'm waiting for the game to download so i'll be on the forums trying to figure out the game.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

roninsm

04-04-2010

Yes, there are item suggestions, but don't follow them. Ever. They are horrible.

You're better off asking for a build for a specific hero.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

04-04-2010

some are rather decent for general new player use, like ezreal's.

If you are just starting out, I would follow them and, while you figure out the ins and outs of the hero and its specific functions, tweak it to your taste.

DeshiDark

04-04-2010

thx guys

The Promise

04-04-2010

Yeah they have suggested items, but they are rarely very good. The only champ that I have found to actually have a good suggested items list is Tristana.

roninsm

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
some are rather decent for general new player use, like ezreal's.

If you are just starting out, I would follow them and, while you figure out the ins and outs of the hero and its specific functions, tweak it to your taste.
I can't speak for ezreal's in particular, but every single champ I have played has absolutely terrible recommended items. Therefore, as a general rule, don't use them.

Azing

04-04-2010

Honestly most heroes have decent item choice. Only a few heroes really have terrible item builds like TF.

wildfire393

04-04-2010

There are a few excellent suggested builds (Sivir, for example). There are also some pretty terrible suggested builds.

In general, here are some of the best items available:

DPS -
Infinity Edge - Gives massive damage and even more massive criticals, best increase to DPS of any item in the game
Last Whisper - % Penetration makes standard counters to DPS (Armor stacking) ineffective. This item combined with Infinity Edge forms the core of almost every DPS build.
Bloodthirster - Single biggest boost to Lifesteal and one of the largest boosts to attackdamage, this is a great damage item, especially on characters who have abilities that scale with damage.
Stark's Fervor - Gives a lot of useful stats and gives them to everyone on the team, making the item very effective.
Frozen Mallet - gives a slow and a lot of survivability

AP -
Mejai's Soulstealer - Considered a must have for most AP builds, as it gives by far the largest AP boost of any single item.
Void Staff - AP Version of last whisper
Zhonya's Ring - Gives a huge AP boost and the ability to evade focusing
Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Gives a slow and a lot of survivability
Deathfire Grasp - Provides another Nuke
Lichbane - turns autoattack into an AP-scaling nuke

Tank -
Aegis of the Legion - Only item that gives HP, Armor, and MR, fairly cheap, and provides a bonus to the entire team
Warmogg's Armor - Biggest boost to HP in the game
Banshee's Veil - Provides a huge boost to HP and MR as well as straight-out blocking spells.
Force of Nature - Biggest MR item in the game, also gives a ton of regen and movespeed
Guardian Angel - Fulfill your role as initiator best by not even dying when focused down
Thornmail - Biggest Armor item in the game