What is better to level up as a poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avoc

04-04-2010

Usually I level up the smash to max, and then heroic charge, having 1 point in Paragon of Demecia and leveling up the ulti when possible.

But I was wondering if it would be better to max up Paragon of Demecia before Heroic Charge?

roninsm

04-04-2010

Yes.

Prabon

04-04-2010

On which map? On TT I use your actual build. On SR I'm not that good with Poppy so I won't comment.

The thing with TT is that you have so much opportunity to knock your opponent in the wall to stun them it's not funny. It makes Poppy's heroic charge very dangerous.

Devastating blow is still better as it allows you to kill lizard at 3/4 and dragon at 6/7 with the correct gear if you maxed it for your level as well as providing a very nice damage output during fights.

wildfire393

04-04-2010

Devastating Blow is her main damage output, that should generally be your first priority.

The choice between maxing Paragon or Charge first is a matter of preference. I prefer Paragon, personally, as the best part of charge (the distance closing + carry + possible stun) doesn't change as it levels, while leveling paragon gives you a better distance-closing mechanism as well as added survivability from the Armor bonus.

Spectros

04-05-2010

I prefer the bunched burst of Devestating Blow and Charge instead of Paragon. I don't think the choice is really anything to be game changing over. I guess it depends on the situations you are put in.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

Depends on your build. If you go AS/AD or tank/initiator(which i LOVE) then level up paragon first. if you get trinity force with ad after that go for charge

Voidgolem

04-05-2010

All levelling Charge does is lower cooldown/boost damage. You probably aren't going to need to use it twice.

Max Paragon after Devastating Blow.

GuyGin

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
All levelling Charge does is lower cooldown/boost damage. You probably aren't going to need to use it twice.

Max Paragon after Devastating Blow.
Having two charges is amazing. Being able to charge, and 6 seconds later charge again can be really valuable particularly on teamfights. It can also help when the stray hero somehow gets away from you. While it is best used as a stun, any poppy that doesn't also recognize it as a distance closer / ranged nuke is really not playing to their fullest.